Skip navigation
Gatchamanium
Currently Being Moderated

inserting video into a folio article

Jul 18, 2012 7:05 AM

Hi

i'm creating a folio for an ipad publicationand want to creat a seemless link between a a video and a background so there is no visible join.

When i place a video on one of the pages that has a black vignette on the lower edge on a black background and view the video playback, a thin grey line appears between the video and solid black b/ground. I'd like the video to play as if it was part of the page without a joint being visible. The video is on the top half of the page and bleeds off teh 3 bounding edges...the black solid is the bottom half with text overlayed.

I've seen the effect in a digital copy of wired uk and would like to do something similar

any help would be much appreciated

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 18, 2012 7:08 AM   in reply to Gatchamanium

Moved to DPS forum.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2012 7:22 AM   in reply to Gatchamanium

Would it be possible that this grey line is part of the video?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2012 7:34 AM   in reply to Gatchamanium

Don't know what your layout looks like, but wouldn't it be possible to mask that grey line with a black block turned into MSO and placed above the video grey line place?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2012 8:34 AM   in reply to Gatchamanium

I'm sure that In my opinion, MSO (multi-state object) or buttons should stay in front of the video if place on the foreground...

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 27, 2012 7:51 AM   in reply to Gatchamanium

We are seeing both white and black lines occassionally too only during playback on the left or top edges of the video. Masking is not an acceptable solution, this needs to be fixed. Do you need to see examples, Adobe?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 27, 2012 10:30 AM   in reply to Kunoff

Any time we hear reports of odd lines showing up it is almost always because of layout problems in the Indesign document. Check to make sure that:

1) your document was designed with pixel ruler units, not points/picas

2) each overlay has a whole pixel width and height. If there is a decimal portion on either one you can potentially see odd lines.

Neil

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points