Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Display will not go to "high" - its stuck on "fast"

Jul 18, 2012 6:53 AM

Hello, I have just upgraded to CS6, and I am having a lot of trouble with the display settings. In preferences  - display performace i have the settings on "High" but when i zoom into the document or even move it slightly to the left or right or even make a tiny alt such as change some text - indesign puts it into a "fast display" mode and stops viewing things like the drop shadow.

When I right click on an item / block of text and go to display - it is still on "high"

It is on all documents that i bring into CS6 indesign and also still happens on new ones created from CS6.

It never did this on previous versions. before I could chose to display high and it would!

Please help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 18, 2012 6:56 AM   in reply to Sara.Reese

If it's for every document, old and newly created - try resetting your preferences

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/526990

If it's only in one document try fixing corruption in the document

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/526991

See if that helps

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2012 7:26 AM   in reply to Sara.Reese

This is the first I've ever heard of an issue with a mouse causing issues.

I'd try:

A different mouse

A different Driver for the mouse causing the issue(check the logitech site or talk with their support)

I'd try turning off Aero in the Windows http://www.howtogeek.com/?post_type=post&p=216

See if those help

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2012 7:38 AM   in reply to Sara.Reese

I also use Logitech mice (currently an LX3) on Windows 7, and I frequently get a low-res preview (in all versions of ID) after side scrolling with the wheel. I would say the display is more like "typical" rather than "fast," though -- fast is gray boxes instead of image previews.

ID and mice just don't seem to always get along. Ask users of the Mac Magic Mouse.

I've found I can "fix" the problem by pressing the Alt + Spacebar to get the hand tool and click anywhere, or use the hand tool or one of the window scroll bars to move the view. In some versions the "cure" sticks for the rest of the editing session on that file.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2012 7:46 AM   in reply to Sara.Reese

Sara.Reese wrote:

Hi in windows 7 when you go into C:\Users\User there is no AppData after that? so couldn't do that method,

AppData is a hidden folder by default. You need to use Tools > Folder Options... in Explorer to display hidden and system files and folders to make it visible

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2012 7:55 AM   in reply to Sara.Reese

I filed a bug on this a few months ago, but it doesn't look like it's going to get fixed anytime soon.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2012 8:03 AM   in reply to Sara.Reese

Peter, did you talk to Logitech support?

I remember I had an issue with another piece of software and my graphics card, I emailed both of their support in the same email, and a few weeks later I was issued with a new driver.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2012 8:12 AM   in reply to Eugene Tyson

That's a good idea. Hasn't bothered me enough to do it yet, but I will definitely consider it.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 7, 2012 6:32 AM   in reply to Sara.Reese

I'm afraid I don't have an answer for who to contact. I know the ID team is at least aware of the problem (I reported it last year), but I don't think it's high enough priority to get much attention at the moment.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 7, 2012 7:19 AM   in reply to Sara.Reese

You can use the bug form: Adobe - Feature Request/Bug Report Form, or if you want to spend some money open a support case so you get to talk to someone and get a case number. Whether that would get you more attention, I can't say. If you are paying for a service contract already, I'd definitely open a support case, though.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points