• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat X Installation failures

Explorer ,
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, Please bare with me, i'm having a number of installation issues on one of my computers (but not the other)

I am installing the entire CS6 suite, which has gone well, except for Acrobat X

System Specs

Windows 7 Professional 64bit

16Gb Ram

128Mb SSD

Intel i7 2600

The full Story:

1. I was installing the suite, the computer crashed and froze while installing the CS6 suite i belive it froze on Acrobat
  2. I rebooted it and installed again.  Everything went well except for Acrobat X which gave errors similar to the one below
  3. I rebooted into Safe mode and tried installing Acrobat X only, through there.  BSOD!
  4. I have followed the recommendations for Error 1310 to the letter and have checked and changed permissions,  I've watched the Config.msi folder during installation and it is certainly not the problem (Files are created, written to, and removed during the failed install exactly how they would eb expected)
  5. I have even had an Adobe employee log in and try to install the Trail version of Acrobat X etc....
  6. I have tried installing it from CS5.5 Installation files in case it was a corrupt file....  All three installers have failed.
  7. I can't think of anything else to do.
  8. Should i install Acrobat Pro 9 from CS5? and then try installing Acrobat X again?  Should i reinstall windows?

Latest Error Code

Exit Code: 6

Please see specific errors and warnings below for troubleshooting. For example,  ERROR: DW050 ... WARNING: DW066 ...

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 3 error(s), 2 warning(s)

WARNING: DW066: OS requirements not met for {402F6F2E-5683-491C-977D-0CA599A07CAF} CS6 Design and Web Premium 6.0.0.0

WARNING: DW066: OS requirements not met for {AC76BA86-1033-F400-7760-000000000005} Acrobat Professional 10.0.0.0

----------- Payload: {AC76BA86-1033-F400-7760-000000000005} Acrobat Professional 10.0.0.0 -----------

ERROR: Error 1328.Error applying patch to file C:\Config.Msi\PTB3CF.tmp.  It has probably been updated by other means, and can no longer be modified by this patch.  For more information contact your patch vendor. 

ERROR: Install MSI payload failed with error: 1603 - Fatal error during installation.

MSI Error message: Error 1328.Error applying patch to file C:\Config.Msi\PTB3CF.tmp.  It has probably been updated by other means, and can no longer be modified by this patch.  For more information contact your patch vendor. 

ERROR: DW050: The following payload errors were found during install:

ERROR: DW050:  - Acrobat Professional: Install failed

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

I have been in contact with Adobe Support Staff, who logged in to the computer and spent the last 5 hours working through the issue.  They were increadibly thorough and professional.

I am not sure if it was the only issue (or if some of the other things they did solved the problem first).  However...  Their conclusion when i asked them was.

They Installed the software in a folder outside Adobe/Acrobat/  due to some permission issues presented by the default location.

This was still installed within

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the below mentioned article and check if that helps.

http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/update-errors-acrobat-reader-windows.html

In case you still have the issue, i'll prefer you to uninstall acrobat completely from the machine by running it's uninstaller and then run the Acrobat Cleaner Tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Arpit.  One of those pages has a tip on it that i haven't tried, so i'll give it a whirl and see if it works.

• I will disable services from startup, and will try again then.
  • If that fails I will also attempt to install it to a different directory (but have tried this, and it didn't work, but can't hurt trying again)

My latest attempt was installing Acrobat 9 again (Installed without any issues) and then installing Acorbat X (which failed again).  The fact that acrobat 9 installed fine worries me a little, as i assume they would be following a similar installation process, so would indicate that it is not my computer causing itssues, but rather the installer not being as robust perhaps.

Will let everyone know if i find the solution, there are obviously a lot of people having installation troubles.

Cheers,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think i'm about to cry.

Nothing has worked.... I'm not sure what the next steps might be.  But thanks so far for the help.

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 3 error(s), 2 warning(s)

WARNING: DW066: OS requirements not met for {402F6F2E-5683-491C-977D-0CA599A07CAF} CS6 Design and Web Premium 6.0.0.0

WARNING: DW066: OS requirements not met for {AC76BA86-1033-F400-7760-000000000005} Acrobat Professional 10.0.0.0

----------- Payload: {AC76BA86-1033-F400-7760-000000000005} Acrobat Professional 10.0.0.0 -----------

ERROR: Error 1328.Error applying patch to file C:\Config.Msi\PTF15B.tmp.  It has probably been updated by other means, and can no longer be modified by this patch.  For more information contact your patch vendor. 

ERROR: Install MSI payload failed with error: 1603 - Fatal error during installation.

MSI Error message: Error 1328.Error applying patch to file C:\Config.Msi\PTF15B.tmp.  It has probably been updated by other means, and can no longer be modified by this patch.  For more information contact your patch vendor. 

ERROR: DW050: The following payload errors were found during install:

ERROR: DW050:  - Acrobat Professional: Install failed

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For an update, it feels like we are getting somewhere.

By trying to install the Acrobat X software package seperately, it seems that the rror messages become more direct.

In the "Adobe CS6/Payloads/AcrobatProfessional10.0-EFG" folder is the install file AcroPro.msi

If launching this directly i am now getting the error:

"Error 1911. Could not register type library for file C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 10.0\PDFMaker\Common\AdobePDFMakerX.tlb. Contact your support personnel."

The underlined part changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been in contact with Adobe Support Staff, who logged in to the computer and spent the last 5 hours working through the issue.  They were increadibly thorough and professional.

I am not sure if it was the only issue (or if some of the other things they did solved the problem first).  However...  Their conclusion when i asked them was.

They Installed the software in a folder outside Adobe/Acrobat/  due to some permission issues presented by the default location.

This was still installed within the Program Files (x86) folder as it is a 32bit application.

I believe that previous attempts at installing it directly ont he C drive had issues due to windows 7 64x trying to load it as a 64bit application.

So Perhaps that helps other people. Perhaps it does not.  If it doesn't don't be afraid to talk to the support staff!

I'm very impressed with the service and lengths they went to for me.

Cheers Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 01, 2012 Jun 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going through the same BS. How did they install to a different folder - the Adobe Application Manager doesn't have any settings options? Okay, I see the install location field in Preferences under my name. The last reinstallation attempt worked, but that only worked for a day before I again got the 130:11 error and couldn't launch the app. This is costing me billable hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 18, 2012 Jul 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with a different error having to do with it not being able to find the MSI file, so it sounds like there is a disconnect between where Windows is putting it and where the Adobe installer is expecting it.  I was on the phone with support the other evening, the guy put me on hold and 15 minutes later the call dropped. 😞  I will try some of the suggestions here first and then try support again.

I am also having an issue in all the CS6 Design Standard programs with "Updates."  It says it cannot connect to the server.  I've tried turning off all the firewalls, to no avail.   Kind of frustrated with this update.  Although Adobe has been great through the years and has taken care of me when I've needed support or some leeway.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2012 Jul 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Augie_Doggie I would recommend you start a new thread as this one was on a different error message.  If you can include the error message you are receiving it would be appreciated.  If you can also include your case number it will allow myself and other Adobe Employee's to review your previous interaction with our support team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was getting error 1603 all day today trying to install Acrobat Pro X on my PC Laptop. The 1603 was in conjunction with 1310. It was the msi thing, so I made sure all the permissions were right, etc etc. I have SP1 for Windows 7 so I'm good there.

It turns out that after trying everything else, I came across this thread about where it wants to install isn't where it should install. The default install folder is C:\ProgramFiles\Adobe.

Prior to my nearly 10th and final install attempt (the rest of CS6 installed fine), I decided to go into Windows Explorer to see the folder set up. In C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Adobe is where all InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop were installed whereas C:\ProgramFiles\Adobe\ has the 64-bit programs Photoshop, Illustrator, Bridge, and Media Encoder.

So on this final installation attempt for today, I decided to change the location to C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Adobe and that did the trick!!

Had to share cuz I'm beyond thrilled that I don't have to deal with this anymore. Yay!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2016 Jan 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Changing the install directory for Acrobat X Pro worked for me.  C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Adobe  for the win!  Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error 1603, is a generic error that might be due to  error 1328. So, check the below article as well in case of same issue.

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-1603-install-cs5-products.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines