i had a clip that i sent to AE > roto brushed to replace the BG > Added a jpeg to become the BG > saved and closed.
Back in PPro I am only getting the jpeg BG and not the rotoscoped clip which would complete the composite.
when i load the AE comp to the source monitor its all there but not in the SEQ.
What am i missing. This is a 1st.
Your timeline is all red and unrendered.... Obviously PPro does not use the cached data in the AE project but requires to render its own internal matte. So let it render and everything should work as expected.
I find it interesting that people try to do compositing in an editing application instead of a compositing application. Render your shot using AE, import it into Premiere and your problems go away.
Dave, I don't think that reply is very helpful. Yes, your workaround should solve his problem, but only by avoiding the issue. The OT is trying to use Dynamic Link, and this should be working. Let's concentrate on troubleshooting that.
Corbett, the interesting thing I see in your screenshots is that the thumbnail on the timeline for your AE comp shows the correct image. And your Source monitor shows the correct image. Only what's getting into the Program monitor seems off. (And although rendering the timeline is a good idea and was a good troubleshooting suggestion by Mylenium, it shouldn't strictly be necessary to get the updated image from AE. That should happen automatically and appears to be working at least partially.)
My initial thought is to make sure to scrub all the way through the clip in both the Source monitor and in the sequence. Check to make sure that the frames you composited aren't limited to a particular range in the comp. My reasoning here is that what you created in AE may be limited to certain frames, and you're not seeing anything incorrect, you just need to trim the clip in Premiere Pro or fix up the comp in AE.
Otherwise, this is a bit of a mystery. It's possible that somewhere along the line Premiere Pro got the wrong image cached and it needs to be flushed out. Here's a few suggestions, which are mostly guesses on my part because I'm an AE expert and not so much in Premiere (you might want to cross-post on the Premiere Pro forum).
Let us know if any of that helps, or if you get better suggestions from the Premiere Pro forum.
Tim Kurkoski wrote:
Yes, your workaround should solve his problem, but only by avoiding the issue. The OT is trying to use Dynamic Link, and this should be working. Let's concentrate on troubleshooting that.
...which is my point. Dynamic link isn't exactly the most bulletproof application ever devised.
The fact that Dynamic Link works AT ALL is a testament to the fine efforts of Adobe software engineers. Personally, I don't expect it to work miracles. I'll stick to more old-fashioned and reliable techniques, thanks.
The reason: I don't know when -- or even if -- sufficient common ground will be found between applications originally coded by different software developers with very different notions about handling data. It could take a long time to get to Bulletproof, if you can even get there from here.
If I wasn't still advising people to never use mp3 audio when rendering out files that need audio tracks, I guess I'd have more confidence in Dynamic Link's future. But I've been advising against mp3's since AE version 3.1... and that's just compressed audio.
How about i only have 10 frames rotoscoped. I would guess it is somehow negating the top layer. which is the video and just showing the jpeg. Anyway, I am fixing it and i will let you know the result.
I thought rotobrush would work with a 1st, middle and ending keyframe on static shots.
Dave that was my next move. The workaround.
I am ahead of schedule so i wanted to figure it out.
The main problem was that rotobush sets a predetermined spand in the layer viewer ( may not be correct terminology). This spand seems to be like 10 frames or so. So when i wen to the end of the clip and set another keyframe it also set another spand.
I had a 10frame spand on the front and a separate one on the end. I had to stretch the spand to correct it.
Looks fine now. I cant tell you how many work arounds i have for FCP, but work arounds will get the job done. However, i wanted to know why.
Europe, Middle East and Africa