Skip navigation
kpluck
Currently Being Moderated

InDesign CS6 crashing on page(s) deletion

Jul 10, 2012 3:33 PM

Tags: #indesign #crashing #page #deletion

Using OS X Lion (latest version) on a new MacBook Pro 15 (not the retina model) and InDesign CS6. Whenever I try to delete a page, or pages, from any document InDesign crashes.

If I manually delete the objects from the page(s) first and then delete the page, it doesn't crash.

This has been happening on a wide variety of existing documents (CS5 ver) as well as newly created CS6 documents.

Any thoughts?

-Keith

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 11, 2012 2:04 AM   in reply to kpluck

Same problem here. I'm using a new MacBook Pro 15" Retina. I'm using the latest Indesign CS6 with all updates installed and OS X Lion 10.7.4.

Any thoughts about a solution for our problem??? Anyone else experiencing this?

Best,

Steffen

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2012 3:01 AM   in reply to skraegelin

BUG: Having the same problem here!

(MacBook Pro 15" Retina // OS X Lion 10.7.4 // Latest CS6 Master Version)

Tip to avoid crash:

The only solution I've found is to delete all the content of the page/s first and then delete the page/s. Annoying - i know.

J

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2012 4:55 AM   in reply to jan.koenig

I found a similar thread, and wonder if its the same issue: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1024105?start=0&tstart=0

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2012 6:46 AM   in reply to Vikrant Rai

There is a big problem with indesign and the latest version of 10.7.4

Anytime a warning box pops up, it causes indesign to crash. So when deleting a page with content, it warns you about losing it all. I was getting it when packaging files, or even trying to make a custom page size in the print dialogue window. Its pretty wide spread and very very annoying. Hopefully Adobe gets this sorted asap.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2012 7:37 AM   in reply to wonderings1111

While I won’t eliminate anything I think you might want to let Apple know, too.

They’ve been known to break a thing or two with their O/S updates.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2012 7:39 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

I have sent reports on the crashes to Apple as well. But I think when it comes down to it, Apple will say they need to work with us, not we need to make our OS work for Adobe. I have had numerous issues with Apple and print drivers for some of our xerox machines, in the end it comes down to xerox fixing the driver, not Apple.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2012 7:57 AM   in reply to wonderings1111

I disagree with that completely. There is no way an O/S should be upgraded without maintaining some level of compatibility with software that already works on it.

There have been many cases over the last few years where what appeared to be an Adobe bug was actually and O/S bug. The worst thing Adobe could do is workaround that because there’s no telling what would happen when Apple gets around to fixing it.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2012 10:04 AM   in reply to kpluck

15" MBP Retina, and I also have the same issue... anytime indesign wants to 'alert' me. CRASH!

I really don't want to revert to an older version of the OS, but limited options.

I'm sure apple will blame adobe, and adobe will blame apple, and the real victim is all of us.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2012 10:49 AM   in reply to kpluck

I'm having this same problem with a new Macbook Pro 13" (non retina) in CS 5.5!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2012 4:15 PM   in reply to yableka

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2012 9:45 PM   in reply to Peter Spier

Wow! Worked like a charm. Thank you, Peter!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2012 12:26 PM   in reply to yableka

Yes, I saw the same thing when doing any book operations and a dialog box would be displayed (like Synching Cross-References), the outline of the alert box would be displayed then <bam>. Gone. My environment?

InDesign CS6

MacBook Pro Retina (2012)

OS X Lion 10.7.4

And Peter's link to a patch program worked!!!

However, I have not seen that on my iMac 27" 2011 edition running the InDesign CS6 on the same Lion. I'm not sure why... Anybody know? Is it just 10.7.4 or a combination on the Retina?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 25, 2012 2:26 AM   in reply to Peter Spier

Fantastic: Thank you Peter!

Estelle

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2012 5:01 PM   in reply to Peter Spier

Step two worked from me on the link. Dude, this has been soooooo irritating and finaly something worked.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2013 7:49 AM   in reply to kpluck

I have had the same problem with InDesign CS6, but when running Windows 7 64-bit.  I'm completely patched on both the OS and ID.  Everytime I try to delete a page in my current document, the program crashes.  The possible cause I found was that if subsequent pages had locked items, the page deletion caused the program to crash.  If I unlocked every locked object on the subsequent pages, the page deletion worked fine.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points