Skip navigation
s.timerick@ntlworld.com
Currently Being Moderated

Why can't I see printer ICC profiles

Jul 18, 2012 10:54 AM

I'm running LR 4.1 64-bit in Windows 7.

I have a number of printer colour profiles in the 'System32\Spool\Drivers\Colour' folder but I can't see them from Lightroom's Develop module (although the display profiles do appear).  What am I doing wrong?!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 18, 2012 11:35 AM   in reply to s.timerick@ntlworld.com

Printer profiles have to be made visible in Lightroom.

Go to the Print Module: Print Job Panel.

Click Profile: in the Color Management section and select Other…

Put a check mark beside every profile you want Lightroom to potentially use.

Of course the same dialog can be accessed from within Soft Proofing Panel pulldown and the Export dialog File Settings section.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2012 11:03 AM   in reply to s.timerick@ntlworld.com

The Library module stores all previews in the AdobeRGB color space. These previews are also used when printing in draft mode. Unless you choose differently in the Soft Proofing panel, the Develop module displays photos in the ProPhotoRGB color space.

When you print a photo in Lightroom, you can choose to convert the colors to more closely match the color space of the printer, paper, and ink you are using. For information on working with printer color profiles, see Set print color management.

the above is from adobe help: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/lightroom/using/WS268F3399-80B2-4169-A598- 04C7F769FFA0.html

-janelle

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2012 11:20 AM   in reply to s.timerick@ntlworld.com

In Lr you won't see any profile that is a CMYK profile. Lr just doesn't do CMYK - so CMYK profiles don't exist for Lr.

For instance, although I'm able to softproof in Photoshop to Blurb's icc-profile, I can't in Lr, the Blurb icc-profile is just not visible in Lr - not in the Develop Module / softproofing and not in the Print Module / Color Management.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2012 12:00 PM   in reply to s.timerick@ntlworld.com

If you are printing locally, which printer?

If you are printing offsite, contact your Print Vendor and ask them for an RGB profile.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points