• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exit code 81 on deploying serialized package (Production Premium CS6)

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2012 Jul 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In trying to deploy a serialized package, I'm getting this error (exit code 81) when I try to it using installer (ie. installer -verbose -pkg /Volumes/AdobeProductionPremiumCS6_Install/AdobeProductionPremiumCS6_Install.pkg -target /)

I've also tried moving this package off a mounted disk image and running it directly from /Users/Shared. And of course, this is running with root privileges.

This package has all the AAMEE default options, as well as the AIR components disabled.

I don't experience this error when using a trial package, I'm only experiencing it with a serialized package.

Any ideas? Are these exit codes documented anywhere?

Jul 18 15:32:39 test-vm-lion installd[1202]: PackageKit: Executing script "./preinstall" in /Volumes/AdobeProductionPremiumCS6_Install/AdobeProductionPremiumCS6_Install.pkg/Contents/Resources

Jul 18 15:32:39 test-vm-lion installd[1202]: ./preinstall: AAMEE Installer : preinstall launched...

Jul 18 15:32:39 test-vm-lion installd[1202]: ./preinstall: AAMEE Installer : Working directory is /Volumes/AdobeProductionPremiumCS6_Install/AdobeProductionPremiumCS6_Install.pkg/Contents/Resources

Jul 18 15:32:39 test-vm-lion installd[1202]: ./preinstall: AAMEE Installer : Launching AdobeDeploymentManager...

Jul 18 15:32:39 test-vm-lion installd[1202]: ./preinstall: AAMEE Installer : Exit code of AdobeDeploymentManager is (81)

Jul 18 15:32:39 test-vm-lion installd[1202]: ./preinstall: AAMEE Installer : Exit ...

Jul 18 15:32:39 test-vm-lion installd[1202]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=112 "An error occurred while running scripts from the package “AdobeProductionPremiumCS6_Install.pkg”." UserInfo=0x1015c8850 {NSFilePath=./preinstall, NSURL=file://localhost/Volumes/AdobeProductionPremiumCS6_Install/AdobeProductionPremiumCS6_Install.pkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=com.adobe.Enterprise.install.B19C0618-6D93-4995-9175-74B9BAF19CB7, NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while running scripts from the package “AdobeProductionPremiumCS6_Install.pkg”.} {

NSFilePath = "./preinstall";

NSLocalizedDescription = "An error occurred while running scripts from the package \U201cAdobeProductionPremiumCS6_Install.pkg\U201d.";

NSURL = "file://localhost/Volumes/AdobeProductionPremiumCS6_Install/AdobeProductionPremiumCS6_Install.pkg";

PKInstallPackageIdentifier = "com.adobe.Enterprise.install.B19C0618-6D93-4995-9175-74B9BAF19CB7";

}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2012 Jul 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It seems package is corrupt, because its failing to launch installer of packaged components. can you please share the pdapp log for this installation instance. this will help us in debugging this issue.

Also meanwhile can you create new package and try deploying it.

thanks,

Rahul | rbaiswar@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The team did some investigation based on the logs that you have sent. It seems that the serialized package is corrupted. Can you mail me the PDApp.log file at skatariy@adobe.com. Location of PDApp.log file on Mac is /User/Library/Logs/ . This will help us better understand the reason of this corruption.

I would suggest you to create a fresh serialized package using AAMEE 3.0 and try deployment with that package. I think this should resolve the issue. (Make sure you don't rename/move any files present inside the package.)

Meanwhile if you can send us PDApp.log file, I will try to find out the root cause of this problem.

Thanks,

Saransh Katariya | Member of Technical Staff | Adobe Systems | skatariy@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To close the loop, I suspect the issue was that my output destination for AAMEE was a VMware Shared Folder (I am running AAMEE in a VM). As soon as I directed the output to the local user's desktop, I was able to install it successfully.

Thanks for the fast response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2014 Sep 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also ran into this issue when running with a logged in user with a UID below 500.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines