Skip navigation
msgreenmnm
Currently Being Moderated

Approval Signature

Jul 18, 2012 11:26 AM

Hi,

I need help figuring out how I can email a PDF fillable form to someone and they only have access to approve the form with their signature and no other editing rights?

I also work at a college and this would be an Educational Plan the advisors will fill out and email to the students so not sure if it would only work if the recipients have a certain Adobe? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

April

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 18, 2012 11:37 AM   in reply to msgreenmnm

The short answer is click Help, read, and then ask questions about what is not clear.

The overview is there are several ways to do it: you can require the first sig to be a certification sig which locks the doc, or on signing the user can  choose to lock the doc, or . . . .

Any version of Acrobat or Reader (if the document is Rights Enabled) will work.

Ben

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2012 2:29 PM   in reply to msgreenmnm

Sig fields are form fields, so if signing is allowed then form field fill in is allowed.

So,

• If you are certifying, allow form fill in and sigs only, and then go to each field and lock the field (but what is the point of having the field?)
    • If you use a regular (approval) sig, check the "Lock Doc" checkbox.

I'm sure there are other more sophisticated methods you can use, but I don't know them off the top of my head.

Ben

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2012 2:43 PM   in reply to msgreenmnm

lockdoc.png

What I see with 10.1.3.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2012 2:58 PM   in reply to msgreenmnm

What version are you using?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2012 3:18 PM   in reply to msgreenmnm

The "Lock Doc" checkbox only appears when signing the last unsigned field. Try out your method above.

Ben

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points