Skip navigation
Adrian70437
Currently Being Moderated

How Do I select Multiple songs to Use with Slideshow?

Jul 18, 2012 9:41 AM

I am running Lightroom 4 on an iMac with OS - Lion. Love it!

I am trying to create a slideshow with music in the background but I cannot seem to select more than 1 song. How can I select multiple songs?

Thanks

Adrian

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 18, 2012 9:43 AM   in reply to Adrian70437

You can't.  You have to splice them together using an outside application.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2012 10:29 AM   in reply to Adrian70437

The slide show feature in Lightroom isn't really very flexible or feature packed.  I suspect the design was to provide professional photographers a quick way to show proofs to clients.  You will have to use other software for what you intend to accomplish.  I'm going to be creating a slide show with about 500 images soon.  My intention is to create the slide show with Lightroom and export as video.  Then I will use Premiere Elements and import the video and lay down the music track.  There are easier ways to do it, I know.  But I don't do this kind of thing very often and don't plan to purchase more software that would make it easier.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2012 4:19 PM   in reply to Adrian70437

Hi Adrian,

It can be done for free, but using an external app (per Lee Jay), as in this video: http://www.pixiq.com/article/slideshow-combine-multiple-mp3s-for-light room

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 31, 2013 10:59 AM   in reply to Adrian70437

Photodex has a program called ProShow Gold that can add multiple tunes to a slide show in a snap. I struggled for weeks trying everything suggested and one either had to be a rocket scientist to figure it out or do what I originally did & play music separately. This program is so simple I couldn't believe it & I've tried multiple programs with little luck. Too bad Lightroom 4 doesn't have something this easy.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 31, 2013 11:14 AM   in reply to Adrian70437

Adrian70437,

You have to combine all songs into 1 file using software such as Audacity.

|
    Mark as:
  • Jim Forbes
    161 posts
    Jun 3, 2012
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 31, 2013 11:22 AM   in reply to Adrian70437

If you are a suite owner/user or a Creative Cloud subscriber Adobe Audition [formerly Soundbooth] works great for appending audio files.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2013 3:26 AM   in reply to Jim Forbes

Lightroom is very poor for slideshow. It has just one transition and only one track. If you have to make a slideshow with many photos the only thing you can do is use a  full-album in a track as you can easily find on youtube...

I actually use the old, honest, Pinnacle studio 14...

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points