Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

download video quality poor

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2012 Jul 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I urgently need to download a recording that resides in adobe connect 8 (i.e. make offline) to supply to someone so it can be published. Downloading the recording by making if offline through the web site is easy. It plays the video and saves the file locally as a .flv file on my computer. A bit frustrating that you need to do this for a long recording, but it does work.

The problem is, the quality of the downloaded recording is very poor. It is no where near as good as the one recored when viewed on line and simply not close to good enough.

I have talked with the adobe connect help desk and they cannot advise how to download the video without loss of quality. 

I have worked out how to download (i.e. fetch) recordings using the adobe connect desktop. That pulls down the raw .flv files and plays them. In addition, I have worked out how to down the zip file by appending 

/output/recording.zip?download=zip at the end of the recording URL. This gives me the raw .flv files.

In both instances, the downloaded .flv files are the same (whether I use adobe connect desktop or use the URL method). These files that are downloaded are of the same quality (good quality) as the orginal recording when viewed from the web site. That is great.

But, the video and audio are two different .flv files. I have done some research and I understand why adobe do this and that's fine.

However, I need a single .flv file with the video and audio sync'ed. I cannot work out how to do this.

I have tried importing the video and audio .flv files into three different video editing programs to merge them, but in each instance, the programs tells me the files are not readable (though VLC will play them). It appears they are not standard .flv files.

How can I download a single .flv recording with video and audio without the substantial quality loss from adobe connect? Or how can I merge the downloaded video and audio .flv files?

Thanks... this is quite urgent.

d

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2012 Jul 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately not possible!

Thanks

Aniket    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2012 Jul 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can and this is how you do it. Took me a lot of time to work this out.

1. Download the ZIP file for the recording by appending /output/<file-name>.zip?download=zip at the end of the recording URL.

2. Extract the ZIP file to a folder

3. Locate the Video and Audio FLV files (they will be the largest two files)

4. Run program Moyea FLV Editor Lite (free download, nice little easer to use program).

5. Import the Video and Audio FLV files

6. Drag the Video and Audio FLV files onto the score board

7. Export to new FLV files

This process is simple and fast.

There is no loss in audio or video quality.

There is no loss in FLV compression (i.e. the new file size is no larger the the orginal file sizes added together)

There are no audio and video sync problems

I have done about 30 recordings, no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2012 Jul 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh! Ok, I should have said, unfortunately not from the Connect interface. Nice find by the way!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you elaborate on these two steps?

1. Download the ZIP file for the recording by appending /output/<file-name>.zip?download=zip at the end of the recording URL.

2. Extract the ZIP file to a folder

I am very interested in downloading the zip file.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2012 Aug 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone else assist with downloading the original files other than recording the meeting online?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2012 Aug 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is confusing about the steps listed above?

If your recording URL is http://yourcompany.adobeconnect.com/pj3nba08n/, then you should append the url as follows http://yourcompany.adobeconnect.com/pj3nba08n/output/myzip.zip?download=zip

Then can take that zip file and extract the contents (right click and you should see an extract files option). You should then be able to finish the steps listed above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2012 Aug 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jorma - I am not too sure what I was doing wrong.  I used your link in another response and it worked great.  Thank you for all your help.  The quality is much better from the zip file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2013 May 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do i know the name of the file ? the video i'm trying to download is this one > https://meet60631501.adobeconnect.com/_a1139087011/p5n5jwm6fvc/?launcher=false&fcsContent=true&pbMod...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 06, 2013 May 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can name the zip file anything you want. In the example below, it is Steve.

https://meet60631501.adobeconnect.com/_a1139087011/p5n5jwm6fvc/output/Steve.zip?download=zip

Message was edited by: Jorma Jennings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines