Skip navigation
oshinsky
Currently Being Moderated

Stage Video Renders inconstantly while using Wmode=transparent

Jul 18, 2012 12:07 PM

Tags: #transparent #video #osmf #stage #wmode #1.6

The Help Docs for OSMF 1.6 and stage video clearly state that stage video will only operate when WMODE=Direct or the application is running in full screen.

But I'm finding that if I'm using Chrome and Safari on my Mac, and IE9 on the PC, stage video kicks in even when WMODE=Transparent.

I actually don't want to use stage video when I'm not in full screen, as I want the video to appear on top of flash content.

So if you are using Firefox in the browser you see the video ontop of my other graphical elements, but if you are using IE9 then the video dissapears behind the other content.

Since OSMF handles the stage video switching automaticly its causing allot of issues for crossbrowser testing.

I tried disabling stageVideo by OSMFSettings.enableStageVideo = false; but this also forces full screen to be software rendered so I end up losing the benifits of hardware acceliration even when if full screen.

Any ideas why some browsers would enable stage video and others would not?

And is there a way to control when stage video kicks in without having to dissable it compleatly?

Thanks in advance.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 19, 2012 12:43 AM   in reply to oshinsky

Hi,

can you provide a sample code to show this issue? also, can you check the Flash Player version that you use on each of the tested browsers?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 20, 2012 1:15 AM   in reply to oshinsky

Hi,

the function you use to lay the rectangle is from com.akamai.stagevideo.StageVideoHelper - the error may hide in that area. I suspect a z-order left out to the video player decision, not enforced by code.

S.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points