Skip navigation
DBWilliams
Currently Being Moderated

adding dynamic pages to static website

Jul 19, 2012 8:50 AM

Do I need to move all the websites HTML pages to xampp/htdocs and use this as the new local site folder?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 19, 2012 12:40 PM   in reply to DBWilliams

No, you can just define the testing server as the XAMPP/htdocs/site folder and use that for the testing server and DW will do the rest.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2012 9:07 AM   in reply to DBWilliams

I'm not sure what SnakEyez was thinking. I would say, yes, move all your files innto the xampp/htdocs folder and reset your site definition in DW accordingly.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 21, 2012 6:50 PM   in reply to Rob Hecker2

Rob it can be done that way.  There are also a lot of users who try to keep it separate.  They keep local files and then test in another location.  The warning that is being received about a different folder is usually related to the paths.  I explained this to another user here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4224748 .  It doesn't have to be in the same folder because DW can test the pages from anywhere.  Matter of opinion at that point.  Personally I use one folder for both, but it can be done either way.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 23, 2012 10:22 AM   in reply to DBWilliams

DB I agree with you 100% about the documentation. It's dated and not as useful and it could be at explaining the setup, but moreso with the errors.  Plus the search function on these forums has never been stellar, so finding these old posts is usually done through a google site search rather than a forum site (ie: site:forums.adobe.com [search string here] - when you go to google search like that). 

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points