Skip navigation
LRS UK
Currently Being Moderated

creative cloud acrobat closes doc after 20 seconds

Jul 18, 2012 4:03 AM

Tags: #acrobat #creative #down #failure #cloud #creative_cloud #closes

The acrobat will close after 20 to 30 seconds after opening a pdf document. the application used to work but now does this every time. Anyone have an answer? its on a PC with win7  64 bit lots of ram and did work fine until today.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 18, 2012 6:47 AM   in reply to LRS UK

Same here. Acrobat closes after 10-20 seconds without a notice.

seems a lot of people are having this issue.

I tried a few of the suggested solutions on this forum, but nothing worked.

It works for a brief time and then the same problem pops up again.

help!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2012 4:56 AM   in reply to LRS UK

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!  PLEASE EXPLAIN ADOBE!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2012 8:28 AM   in reply to adbywate

I had a telephone chat with adobe support, but they couldn't help me. had to send my system info and they were going to forward it to the 'experts'.

did any of you uninstall CS5.5 before experiencing this problem? or uninstall another suite?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2012 10:42 AM   in reply to LRS UK

I am having the exact same issue. I've installed this on 2 completely different machines (one's an HP and one's a Dell). I have a Creative Cloud subscription, and ran the latest round of updates on my installation this morning, 7/19/2012

I need a solution to his pronto, Adobe! I use this program all the time.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2012 11:23 AM   in reply to Phigmentor

I've been on chat with them ALL DAY today trying to resolve this...and still NOTHING!  Even had some guy take control of my computer to look - and still NOTHING...now I'm trying to log back in to chat with this guy again...and he's GONE.  ANNOYING ADOBE!!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2012 12:29 PM   in reply to LRS UK

I have the same problem. I uninstalled CS 5.5 on my home pc a few days ago because my subscription expired and I wanted to switch from the pdf xchange viewer to acrobat pro. But because it closed everytime I tried it I switched back to the xchange viewer. I don't work with acrobat professionally so it's not so important for me but it would be cool if that problem could be solved.

On my main HP workstation acrobat pro works fine without any problem. Maybe it has to do with the uninstallation of cs 5.5 but I'm not sure.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2012 1:22 PM   in reply to LRS UK

I'm still on chat with them - it's now been 2 separate people taking control of my people and NEITHER of them fixed anything!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2012 1:50 PM   in reply to LRS UK

Hi,

Please navigate to C:\Program Files (X86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD\cache and rename Cache file inside the Cache folder. 

and rename it to Cache.db_old

Launch Photoshop (or any Creative Suite Product installed) and Click on 'Help' > 'Deactivate'.

Close it and open Photoshop again to activate.

Sign in using your Adobe ID

Now, please try to launch Acrobat and try to use and check if it works fine. If prompts Trial, then serialize Acrobat again.

Else, Try to launch Acrobat X, and instantly click on Help -> Check for updates see if Acrobat attempts to download the latest version 10.1.3, if it's downloaded successfully. Install the patch and check if Acrobat works. Alternatively, click on Help -> Repair Acrobat installation. 

Regards,

Deepak

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2012 2:58 PM   in reply to LRS UK

Well, I tried the above 'solution'. The cache/deactivate method as suggested works... but only for a brief time. After a while the problem just re-appears. As for the 'repair adobe installation': doesn't solve the problem. (and I already have 10.1.13). *sigh*.

Somebody at Adobe support also suggested to try an make a new user account in windows and try acrobat to see if that would help. it didn't. It had the same problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2012 7:33 PM   in reply to LRS UK

I have the same problem. TS is closed and I have doctorate deadlines as well as client deadlines - if anyone has a solution, I need help now.

The only option I can think of is to install Acrobat 9 Pro - understanding this will probably be problematic...

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2012 6:42 AM   in reply to LRS UK

Please remove slstore folder under Program Data/Adobe and place on Desktop. Launch Photoshop and serialize again. See if Acrobat works now.

Regards,

deepak

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2012 6:57 AM   in reply to LRS UK

The below steps worked on my Win 7x 64 machine.

Removed all the products installed from CCM using Control Panel.

Manually removed all the remaining folders and all the registry entries.

Created a new admin account.

Installed Photoshop and Acrobat. Serialized the installed products using Photoshop. Launched Acrobat and it worked.

Regards,

deepak

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2012 7:14 AM   in reply to Deepak Chauhan

Sadly, this last option doesn't work for me since I am using this on a company machine that is giving me special privileges to install my own CC applications, and all of the other options have not worked. I will just go back to Acrobat 9 for now.

Will Adobe be working to correct this issue and offer an update? Can we get an email letting us know when the actual application has been fixed? Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2012 7:16 AM   in reply to Deepak Chauhan

These steps are TOTALLY ridiculous - how would you know how/where to remove ALL the folders/registry entries!  I spent 9 hours yesterday with support - had multiple people take control of my computer - and NOTHING was fixed.  It is 100% a licensing issue.  How about Adobe STEP UP and when this issue is diagnosed they give those people a separate acrobat serial #.  I'm pretty sure that would solve this whole problem....until they get their act together and figure out a fix.  If I install the 30 day trial version - it works perfectly.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2012 7:22 AM   in reply to adbywate

That is actually a really good idea, adbywate! Can we get a seperate serial number and just download the 30 day trial and serialize it using that serial number?  That would be a lot easier than trying to reinstall 9 extended (which presents its own potential issues).

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2012 7:23 AM   in reply to Phigmentor

Hi All,

We have identified the problem and we are working on this. We will update everyone once this is resolved.

We would also request our users not to delete cache.db file.

Regards,

Deepak

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2012 7:24 AM   in reply to Deepak Chauhan

Oh no, too late for me! I've already uninstalled Acrobat. I'll just reinstall it, since it's still going to have the same issues.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2012 7:26 AM   in reply to Phigmentor

I tried talking one of the tech reps that I was working with yesterday - and he didn't even respond to the idea...but, seriously - I wasted a FULL work day yesterday trying to get this to work........I won't tell you how I got it to work finally..........but, when I pay good money for a product - I expect it to WORK!  I Was seriously pulling my hair out - between meetings and a dropped internet connection - I had to work with 4 different tech reps that tried THE EXACT SAME SOLUTIONS - NONE OF THEM WORKING....it would fix it until I opened up photoshop & reactivated my creative cloud account.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2012 7:27 AM   in reply to Deepak Chauhan

Let me guess Deepak - you have NO IDEA how long it will take....

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2012 8:55 AM   in reply to LRS UK

exactly my point!  We paid for a product to WORK - not for us to be the BETA testers!  There is NO REASON ANYONE should be expected to touch the REGISTRY of all things to get a paid product to work.  COME ONE ADOBE - I need a fix TODAY!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2012 9:03 AM   in reply to Deepak Chauhan

OK I'm waiting, not getting anywhere toward my deadline. How about for all my other programs that are failing as well. Need Premiere, Photoshop and Encore today.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2012 10:28 AM   in reply to LRS UK

Hi All,

Our engineering team has fixed this issue. If you are facing the issue, kindly follow the below mentioned steps:

1. Deactivate one of the other CS6 products (such as Photoshop CS6) on the system by going to Help > Deactivate
    2. Reboot the computer
    3. Reactivate the prior CS6 product by signing in with your Adobe ID
    4. Acrobat X should launch successfully

Should you face any trouble  with this, please post back.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2012 10:38 AM   in reply to Sandeep V.

So far So Good for me.....I'll post more if it comes back....thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2012 11:14 AM   in reply to dkm-donny

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2012 11:35 AM   in reply to Steve Werner

Hi All,

The issue is fixed by Adobe Engineering Team. Please follow the steps mentioned by Sandeep in this forum. This should work.

Regards,

Deepak

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 24, 2012 6:51 AM   in reply to Deepak Chauhan

It worked for me too. Thanks for fixing it

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)