• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can not burn Bluray Discs? Error

Contributor ,
Jul 19, 2012 Jul 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to CS5.5 to CS6. I have never had this problem before. I keep trying to burn a Bluray using Encore CS6, however, i keep getting this maessage after the program tries to burn the Disc: "Bluray Error: "device error", Code: "3", Note "CreateStcSequence:Fail to write M2S file""

Encore will burn the 8.22gb of 8.49gb to disc and then display the aove message. I keep burning coasters, Grrr! How can I resolve this? Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This error is generally related to the burning media.

1. Save your project.

2. Quit Encore.

3. Clear any session files present in the AuthorScriptHDMVSessions folder. (This folder, if present, will be in your project folder.      Go into the folder and delete all the files there. But again if burning failed before completion, this folder might not be      present.)

4. Then re-launch Encore, open the project and burn the project again.

This error might be caused by the faulty blu-ray burner OR faulty BD. Try changing the disc and burn again. (PLEASE USE BD-RE Media to avoid wastage of discs)

-Ramesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I can not locate the AuthorScripts.... folder for this project. I can locate it for every other project I've burned using CS5.5, but not this project? Weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to worry about this folder. I was just highlighting one possible reason. But again if your burning did not complete, this folder will not be present there. There is some change in this in CS6.

Did you try other alternatives?

-Ramesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not think it is the BD-R disc; I have been using the same discfor over a year now and they always worked with CS5.5. I tiried creating a new project in Encore with the Bluray settings and Istill  get the same error message and problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2012 Jul 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you quit Encore and relaunched it?

Also, sometimes there are the cases where Encore can not write to a particular segment of the disc. That is why I was suggesting you to change the disc.

-Ramesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I restarted Encore. I even restarted my computer and created a new project. I am still having the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then I can doubt only the two things :

1. Burner or

2. Disc (It would be good if you can try with a BD-RE file to clarify this option.)

You can also try cleaning all the temp files from the systems.

-Ramesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny thing. I just burned the project in CS5.5 with NO PROBLEMS? Why would 5.5 work but not 6? This is very strange. I used all the exact same settings, hardware, and discs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the Run as Administrator option? http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Encore uses third party code to burn to Blu-ray which keeps on updating time to time. This error is seen in CS6 only with no consistent steps but I have already mentioned the workarounds. The error is generally  because Encore is not able to get access to something related to burn process. Most of the times it is the disc or the burner but sometimes there are some session files whose timestamps might get changed before writing to disc starts. Could you provide me the details of the project as to what is there in the project and what you did through the burning process?

Did you by any chance cancel the burning process in between and then tried again?

-Ramesh.

Message was edited by: Ramesh_Encore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 24, 2012 Jul 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not cancel the burn process while it was burning. I edited my video in Premiere Pro CS6 and dynamically linked it to Encore. Like i have done a hundred times before in 5.5, I created my menus and buttons etc. and burned a DVD. I then set the project to Bluray and tried to burn a Bluray. Encore transcoded all my menus and timelines and began the burn process. The project was 8.49 gbs. Once the burn process reached 8.22 gbs encore stoped and gve me the message I wrote in my first post. I tried to create the project from sctrach using only bluray settings and I got the same results each time.

The only work around I have right now is to continue using Encore 5.5. I have not encountered any problems with 5.5, only 6.

If you need more information just let me know. Thank you for taking the time to investigate this and help me find a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 24, 2012 Jul 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, yes, I am running Encore as Administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I am still having this problem. I know it is not the disc or the burner because I have no prblem when I use Encore CS5.1 on the same machine.

What I am doing :

I run the program as administrator

I dynamicly link my project to Encore,

I add Blank HD menus from Encores Library

I link those menus to m4v (created in AE with the h.264 bluray templat) files i import as time lines

I check the project and burn a DVD - no prblem

I then change the project to burn to Bluray in the build panel and get the same problem every time.

I have even tried building a project from scratch and starting with bluray and again I get the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2012 Aug 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to burn to Blu-ray Image in Encore?

-Ramesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2012 Aug 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And yes I can burn a blu-Ray image made in ENCORE    BUT if I build to burn too Disc  in Encore.

I get same error as REXmous does above  :

" bluray error device error code 3 createstc sequence failed to write m2s file"

But Blu ray player burns fine outside encore with same disc as well. Not hardware issue.

This sounds like another Encore 6 error.

I have latest Encore version 6 with all updates  by the way. 

Using LG Blu Ray internal Blu Ray burner ( brand new ) .

Windows 7 64 platform  quad Core system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 24, 2012 Aug 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is still not resolved. I haven't seen a single real solution offered. All i have read so far is blaming hardware.

No matter what I do I can not burn to BluRay. I can't even use my previous work around with Encore CS5.5 anymore because audio will not sync up in En5.5 but it will sync up in En6 but it will not burn a disc, just coasters.

I have been on numerous forums and chat boards and more than 75% of the people I talk to say they have "never" been able to burn disc directly from Encore. This is absolutely pathetic. I am tired of being fed the line that it's my disc or my burning hardware. My patients has run out. I switched to adobe from another company's NLE platform because I was under the impression Adobe was professional and offered thier customers a better product and experience; I haven't been convinced yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2012 Aug 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A very frustrating problem. I have not even tested the burn in CS6, since I have not used Encore to burn disks since the first version I had (CS3). I use imgburn.

Ramesh at post 10 seems to indicate that they are aware of a problem, and that workarounds help in some cases. If you have not, file a bug report. If I were you, I would use alternate burning software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problem to, it is cs6

I'm JUST going back to cs5.(what a upgrade)

or back to another burning software!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and filed a bug report. Then, I changed my blu-ray burner (12x, built-in) in my new system to the old burner - 8x, retail (both LG's) from the old PC. Suddenly, I am able to burn Blu-ray disc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 01, 2012 Sep 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stan Jones wrote:

A very frustrating problem. I have not even tested the burn in CS6, since I have not used Encore to burn disks since the first version I had (CS3). I use imgburn.

....If I were you, I would use alternate burning software.

same here.

most of us on here who have used encore for several years just burn with an image burning software. imgburn is fantastic, and gives you more control of the process than encore. you may say "i don't want a workaround." but i don't see that as a workaround. i author the disc in encore, burn it in img burn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2012 Oct 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. Can burn from cs5.5 but not from 6. Can someone tell me what alternate software is good for Mac and how I export the file(s?) from Encore? I am completely new to this. I tried saving the file as an Bluray image and also as a bluray folder. Both times my bluray player sees the disc as a data disc. What am I doing wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2012 Oct 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both times my bluray player sees the disc as a data disc. What am I doing wrong?

I'm not sure, but you're probably burning the image file to a disk, rather than burning the image as such.

Yes, you build to a folder or an image.

Is it Toast that is a Mac burning app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2012 Oct 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I will try toast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 15, 2012 Nov 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do you burn it in img burn from encore? i'm having the same problem and need to get these blurays out the door today.

after you build the project in encore, what do you do to burn it in imgburn?

thanks!!

wilky black

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines