Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Lightroom and Raw Files from 60D

Jul 19, 2012 10:12 PM

Tags: #raw #lr3 #lightroom3

So i was looking around the web for answers to why my lightroom isnt recongnizing my raw files from my new 60D. I am currently using Lightroom 3.6 . I saw answers saying that i needed to install updates because if i remember correctly its lightroom 3.2 that the 60D came into play, anyway, i tried to update my lightroom but it says that there are no updates available. So any idea why my its not recognizing the files if i am up to date?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 20, 2012 3:47 AM   in reply to joeyjoeg

joey,

That probably isn't your problem. 3.6 supports your camera. Exactly what message are you getting when you try to import?

Also, just for completeness, what operating system are you using? How are you reading the images (card reader, or from camera)?

Hal

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 20, 2012 9:16 AM   in reply to joeyjoeg

The files may be corrupted or truncated.  Look at their sizes in Windows Explorer - Details View and see if they are smaller than normal.  If you are able to see thumbnails in Windows Explorer then that must means the camera-embedded JPG preview is intact, but not that the raw data is all there.

Try opening the files in Canon Digital Photo Professional (DPP) that came with your 60D and see if you can save a JPG from them.  Seeing thumbnails in DPP is not enough to confirm corruption.  You have to do something that actually interprets the raw data, like saving a JPG.

Determining why they are corrupted is important.  If they are still on the memory card then retransfer them.   If they are corrupted on the car then the camera or card has a problem.  If they were ok on the card, then maybe the camera or computer or cable or reader has a problem.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points