Skip navigation
Stensbo
Currently Being Moderated

CS2 Indesign version 4.0.5 - shortcut

Jul 18, 2012 6:59 AM

Hello.

Have CS2 Indesign - made a shortcut for making text bold - has been working - now it only will make bold text regular.

Have a large dokument with a lot of text to edit so any suggestion will be helpfull?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 18, 2012 9:31 AM   in reply to Stensbo

Moved to InDesign

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2012 9:40 AM   in reply to Stensbo

What font are you using? What operating system?

InDesign's shortcut for toggling Bold depends on the way the font designer designed the font. Doesn't work for some fonts, or toggles to Semibold instead.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2012 6:16 AM   in reply to Stensbo

As far as I know the default Ctrl + Shift + B has always worked to make Ariel bold. Are you using a custom shortcut set?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2012 8:30 AM   in reply to Stensbo

It's working here with the OpenType version of Arial (I have to run CS2 on the XP virtual machine on windows 7) but I don't recall any problems back when I had a real XP box running.

Since that was a defualt shortcut I'm not sure why you would make a custom set for that?

Try trashing your prefs (see Replace Your Preferences)

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2012 2:53 AM   in reply to Stensbo

Does Ctrl + Shift + Y work to make the text normal again?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2012 5:08 AM   in reply to Stensbo

Alright, I think maybe I've gotten confused about what is assigned to what and what works, and what doesn't.

Would you mind summarizing for me what the custom set is to Apply Bold, both in the default context and the text and tables context, and waht is assigned to Apply Normal in the same two contexts, and when they work and when they don't,  and also when the Default shorcut set (not your custom set) works and doesn't work.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2012 7:41 AM   in reply to Stensbo

So if I'm understanding correctly, none of the shortcuts are working to make Arial bold, but they do work to toggle bold back to normal, and they work with other fonts to make them bold. Is that right?

What version of Arial do you have?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2012 9:06 AM   in reply to Stensbo

I suspect this is a font problem. It works fine with version 5.10, so you might want to see if you can find an updated version.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points