Skip navigation
danielschweinert
Currently Being Moderated

Help - CS6 crashes with new 5D Mark III footage

Jul 19, 2012 3:38 PM

Tags: #problem #after #effects #premiere #crash #import #canon #3 #mark #crashes #cs6 #quicktime #mov #footage #5d #iii #after_effects_cs6 #eos #ipb #all-i

Help!!! After Effects CS6 crashes when I try to import Quicktime MOV files from a new Canon EOS 5D Mark III. Tried ALL-I (intra frame) and IPB (inter frame) footage but both codecs crashes After Effects and Premiere CS6.

When I do convert the footage to Cineform 422 everything imports fine. Also native import of old footage from a 5D Mark 2 works fine.

Im working on a 17" MacBook Pro 5.2 (Nvidia 9600GT) with SnowLeopard 10.6.8 and there are no new updates for CS6 to install.

Does somebody else has this problem?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 19, 2012 7:36 PM   in reply to danielschweinert

danielschweinert wrote:

Does somebody else has this problem?

Yup: I heard about it just today, in fact.  An FCP user was trying to get Cinema Tools to conform 24fps footage from a Mk II and Mk III to 25.  No problems with the Mk II footage, but no luck with the Mk III footage.

Now, it could be just coincidence.  But if you don't believe in coincidence, you might think that there's something screwy with Canon's new codecs for the Mk III.  "Screwy" is a highly technical term, by the way.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2012 7:21 AM   in reply to danielschweinert

You could be right about Quicktime.  I forgot about that.

Here's a question that could tell the tale:  are you running QT7 (good) or QTX (bad)?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2012 8:55 AM   in reply to danielschweinert

QTX is most charitably called "a work in progress".  There are those who call it other things. 

You'll find QT 7 as an optional installation on your OS disks.  You should take that option.  If you're reluctant to delete the QTX application file, you can always rename it so the OS doesn't see it.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points