• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating Parts or Volumes in FM Book Files

Jul 18, 2012 Jul 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I need to create part or volume numbers (in Roman numerals) in a FM book file without impacting the chapter number increments. The Part/Volume sections are on their own pages separating book file chapters. I created a "Part" tag with a new flow. The part roman numerals increment fine but the chapter numbers are impacted and are not continuous. See the example:

Chapter 1: Introduction

Chapter 2: Device Configuration

Part I: Installation

Chapter 4: System Requirements

Chapter 5: etc.

Part II: Contacting Support

Chapter 7: etc. etc.

Chapter 8: etc. etc. etc

These are the elementsI use:

ChapterNum tag: H:Chapter <$chapnum>< =0>< =0>< =0>< =0>< =0>< =0>

AppendixNum tag: A:Appendix <$chapnum>< =0>< =0>< =0>< =0>< =0>

Part tag: B:Part <$volnum>: < =0>< =0>< =0>< =0>< =0>< =0>< =0>

Can someone provide input why this is not working?

Thank you,

AAhi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 20, 2012 Jul 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of using the ChapterNum tag and AppendixNum tag ,just use the normal format as <n+> and a \t like you do narmally making sur when you put in that you do like H:<n+> and when you create one for volumes or any other you use some building blocks starting with a different alphabet like B:<n+><\t><\t>.

Its just an example ,you can use you own and then apply it .

Harpreet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 20, 2012 Jul 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Harpreet. I did try the method you described and the chapter numbers where being incremented after each part file. Do you know what are the <$volnum> building blocks used for? What about the Volume tab in the Numbering menu. I used all of these and still can't get the part numbers to increment on their own and chapter numbers continuous. The part tag is in it's own file and it's just a part para tag on an empty page, similar to having a partion in a multi volume book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines