Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Embedded video shakes

Jul 20, 2012 2:10 PM

Tags: #video #unstable

I was also wondering if you could help me with this:

I have a video embedded on the homepage but anytime I use the scroll bar the video shakes and looks something like this:  b.png

I'm using this code:  

<div class="video"><iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3OU8D8kBjWg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>

and here are the properties for my div tag:

e.png

Sorry, for some reason I'm unable to paste again in the same post.  So I will include everything in the post below it, just in case you need it.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 20, 2012 2:31 PM   in reply to Ivy54

This probably has less to do with your code and more to do with your graphics card.  Although it's anybody's guess because you haven't posted the URL to your page. 

Even if you don't have a commercial web host yet, there are free ones you can use for testing and debugging purposes.

http://www.000webhost.com/

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 21, 2012 10:04 AM   in reply to Ivy54

Yeah, this has nothing to do with the embed code, it has to do with the fact that you (your browser) is attempting to paint a moving target (the video) as you scroll the page.

It may be that your video card can't catch up with the moving target or that the video bitrate is higher than your Internet download speed... so in effect, the video screen moves while scrolling the page but the new data isn't downloading fast enough to fill in the blank space created by the scrolling.

Or it could be a combination of both.

Let the video download completely before scrolling and see if that works better. If it does, then the download speed/video bitrate is an issue.

Test on multiple machines (with different graphics card) and various Internet connection speeds to further diagnose.

Best wishes,

Adninjastrator

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points