• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Redirecting Form Output

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2012 Jul 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The client has just signed up for BC WebBasic.  They want form submissions to go to a specific email address.  According to what I can see in the knowledgebase, form submissions go only to administrators, of which WebBasic allows only 1.

This is an email address that clerks are going to access for the sole purpose of responding to customer request.  The clerks should not have administrative rights.

I thought I might solve the problem with a workflow, but I no longer see that option.

TOPICS
Content management and modules

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 24, 2012 Jul 24, 2012

The default.aspx versus formprocessv2.aspx are basically 2 different ways of submitting webforms.

As described in http://kb.worldsecuresystems.com/834/cpsid_83480.html?bc-partner the default.aspx method (also known as form to email) is mostly used for the plans that do not have webforms included.

Webforms on the other hand use formprocessv2.aspx and are more complex that simple form to emails (they also create contacts, cases, have access to the CRM), what you need to keep in mind though is they a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The plan doesn't offer workflows so the alternative would be to use the "web form to email" option. 

This article should help with this requirement.

http://kb.worldsecuresystems.com/834/cpsid_83480.html

Hope this helps!

-Sidney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That you.  This looks very hopeful, but I still have some uncertainty.    

The articles tells me to enter code like this:

action=/Default.aspx?A=Form&Email=You@YourDomain.com&Subject=This+is+email+subject&EmailFrom=yourfromemail@...

I'm guessing that's in the form tag.

My form tag currently has this statement:

action="/FormProcessv2.aspx?WebFormID=29509&OID={module_oid}&OTYPE={module_otype}&EID={module_eid}&CID={module_cid}"

Is the suggested code supposed to replace what's there or be merged with what's there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replace, the code Sydney gave you is just a manual email process form rather then using the system email form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2012 Jul 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh no, I thought I had this one solved.  I just looked at the form output that is being returned to me.  Three fourths of the fields have labels like CAT_Custom_132902.

The client is not going to be able to make sense of this.

My action line said:

action="/Default.aspx?A=Form&Email=bevk@mcrinc.com&Subject=Auto+Insurance+Request&EmailFrom=homequote@allcountyinsurance.com&PageID=/index.html"

Looking at the commented out code (but really just shooting in the dark), I changed it to

action="/FormProcessv2.aspx?WebFormID=29509&Email=bevk@mcrinc.com&Subject=Auto+Insurance+Request&EmailFrom=homequote@allcountyinsurance.com&PageID=/index.html"

This gave me back the Thank you for your submission page, but one hour later, I have yet to receive the contents of the form submission.

My gut tells me /Default.aspx?A=Form is the part of the code that determines what gets sent in the email.  Is there something I should be doing to make it use the custom labels?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2012 Jul 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default.aspx versus formprocessv2.aspx are basically 2 different ways of submitting webforms.

As described in http://kb.worldsecuresystems.com/834/cpsid_83480.html?bc-partner the default.aspx method (also known as form to email) is mostly used for the plans that do not have webforms included.

Webforms on the other hand use formprocessv2.aspx and are more complex that simple form to emails (they also create contacts, cases, have access to the CRM), what you need to keep in mind though is they are entirely different methods.

Now, regarding your implementation, there is one more requirement regarding the form to email, the "Email" parameter must be the email address of an user that exists either in your CRM database or is registered as the local admin for that site, otherwise the email will not be sent (see the notes in the KB article regarding "&Email=You@YourDomain.com") - could this be the case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2012 Jul 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

“the "Email" parameter must be the email address of an user that exists either in your CRM database or is registered as the local admin for that site, otherwise the email will not be sent . . . - could this be the case?”

That is exactly the case. Under WebBasics, I don’t even see a customer database, and there can be only one administrator, a post that my boss refuses to relinquish, making it impossible for me to add the designated recipient of the form submission.

We have found a temporary solution until the client can be coaxed into an upgrade. Submissions will go to my boss, who will set up an email rule to redirect them to the client.

Thanks to everyone who offered advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines