Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script Errors Installing Flash Player

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2012 Jul 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have Win XP SP3 32 bit with IE8.  Adobe sent me an update to Flash Player a week ago

and I installed it and was getting Adobe errors in the background every 30 or so minutes saying it had to terminate the process.   XP then asked me if I wanted to send a report to MS. So I did several times.  I got tired of it and in XP I removed Flash Player.   I went to reinstall it from the Adobe Website and I keep getting script errors. In reading the forums and the suggestions from a host of people this is what I've done to no avail :

Updated XP to the latest patches

Updated Java to the latest version

One suggestion  was to run a registry repair so I ran Norton 360 Registry FIx pgm and it just

found one file that was not right.  But it didn't look like it had anything to do with this problem

So then as a forum replier suggested I then...............

Blocked the Norton 360 Antivirus Auto Protect utility and downloaded the Uninstaller , closed IE8 and ran the Uninstaller from Adobe. No Problem.

Then I Rebooted and with Norton 360 Anti virus Auto Protect still blocked tried to reinstall the latest ( 11.3.300.265 ) but I still get script errors trying to install directly form the Adobe website.  This aborts the install and I have to reboot if you try to reinstall as it says only one xxxxx can run at a time.  

Any more suggestions ?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 20, 2012 Jul 20, 2012

More explicit instructions for the link I posted earlier...

Download the installer from http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_header and save it to disk, then close all browser windows and run the downloaded installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2012 Jul 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest that you do not install directly from the Adobe download page, but use the offline installers from http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.ht...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2012 Jul 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the Adobe Uninstaller to make sure any info was cleaned out.

I rebooted, disabled Norton 360 Auto Anti Virus,  went to the link you suggested, 

tried the download after setting the security level to medium and making sure the scripts 

choice was enabled and when installing on the same link I got the same kind of script error.

It had different 'data' but it was a script error all the same.

Next step ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You get these script errors when installing, or when using Flash Player?

Can you post a screenshot of these script errors?  If that happens on a website, can you post an example URL?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having other problems.  I lost Paint a year ago so I can't SHFT+PRINT SCREEN and paste it back.

But the info is :

INTERNET EXPLORER SCRIPT ERROR   An error has occured in the script on page

Line 6

Char 1

Error :  Object expected 

Code 0

URL: http://127/00.1.1412/app/_host/js

This occurs during the PREPARING INSTALLATION PLEASE Wait Screen .It never installs to run

I will locate my XP Pro CD and get MS piant.exe reloaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you downloading the installer from the URL from that Pat sent?

http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/installation-pr oblems-flash-player-windows.h...

You need to download it and then double-click. It should not give you a message that, "PREPARING INSTALLATION PLEASE Wait."

Could you please do the following:

In Internet Explorer, click Tools and then Internet Options.

Click Advanced tab, select the following if they are not selected:

Disable Script Debugging (Internet Explorer)

Disable script debugging (Other)

Display a notification about every script error

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2012 Jul 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The suggestion from Pat Willener worked.  I would have tried your suggstion next. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More explicit instructions for the link I posted earlier...

Download the installer from http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.ht... and save it to disk, then close all browser windows and run the downloaded installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked.   I was trying to load it from thje website directly.   Thanks a whole bunch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2012 Aug 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Finally Pat Willener's suggestion worked for me.

1. Save the flash uninstall program from adobe on to the hard drive

2. Save third party install program to the hard drive location.  For me adobe install program didn't work.  Therefore use   http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/installation-pr oblems-flash-player-windows.h...

3. I uninstalled gogle crome too.  - control panel  --  add and remove program.

4.  Close all explorer windows.  Run uninstall program.

5.  Start -> Run the followin to to delete mannually the flash related files and folders

%appdata%\Macromedia

%appdata%\Adobe

C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash

6.  Restart the computer.

7. Run install program from the hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines