Skip navigation
Izuela
Currently Being Moderated

Sims 3 and Firefox tug-a-war (64 vs 32 bit)

Jul 20, 2012 10:33 PM

Tags: #firefox_problems #sims_3_problems #youtube_problems #install_two_flash_players

I run Windows 7 64 bit and use Firefox 8.0 as my browser. My graphics card is a GTX 560, if that matters. After updating my flash player about a few weeks ago I experiensed some problems with Youtube videos and other Flash videos and applications not running. I fixed that by uninstalling the 64 bit flash and then installing the 32 bit. And that worked great, until two days ago when i bought Sims 3 (Steam sale). Well, appearantly the people at EA have been very eager and in order to run Sims 3 you must have the latest version of Adobe Flash installed. That includes if you have a 64 bit operative system you must have a 64 bit Flash player. So now I am back to 80% of Youtube  not working when I browse with Firefox.

I noted that 32 and 64 bit installs in seperate locations. But even though I have both 32 bit and 64 bit folders and files, Firefox is still using the 64 bit, poorly. How can I make it use the other one?

In short I want Sims 3 to get to use the 64 bit version and Firefox to get to use the 32 bit version.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 21, 2012 3:23 AM   in reply to Izuela

Firefox is a 32-bit browser, and will automatically use the 32-bit plugin (located in SysWOW64).

If you want to use 64-bit browsing, download Waterfox - it will use the 64-bit plugin (located in System32).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points