• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem installing Flash Player-says to close Internet Explorer, but it's already closed

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2012 Jul 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Flash Player, and have checked that it is installed and enabled, but still the application that requires Flash Player asks for it to be installed.  When I try to install it again, it says to close Internet Explorer and retry, which I do, but to no avail.  Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2012 Jul 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to close all instances of Internet Explorer when the installer runs; check with the Task Manager's Processes tab for iexplore.exe

You must also close any messengers, chat clients, Skype, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that, but I have already tried that - the task manager is empty, yet I still come up with the message to close Internet Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tania Fernyhough wrote:

the task manager is empty

Empty?  Did you click on the Processes tab?

Try the following: download the offline installer from http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.ht... and save it to disk.  Restart Windows, then before doing anything else, run the downloaded installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines