• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't install flashplayer in IE9 - tried multiple times -

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2012 Jan 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It gets to a point where it says to close IE (and it is already closed) and keeps prompting me to close IE... and cannot finish installing. I have Windows 7, 64 bit system.

I didn't have problems until we upgraded to IE9... flashplayer is installed successfully when I use Chrome... so it is frustrating to not be able to use my preferred Internet Explorer browser!

Please advise.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jan 06, 2012 Jan 06, 2012

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the following files:

Windows 64-bit: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash _player_64bit.exe

Windows 64-bit Flash Player for Internet Explorer

Exit browser.

Run uninstaller.

Reboot.

Close ALL programs on your taskbar to ensure none is running I.E. in the background.  Check the Processes of Task Manager to ensure iexlpore.exe or messenger programs are not running.

Run installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click Start, type System Configuration, click System Configuration, click Selective startup, uncheck Load startup items, click Apply, click Ok, click Restart.

Run Uninstaller.

Reboot.

Run installer.

Click Start, type System Configuration, click System Configuration, click Normal startup, click Apply, click Ok, click Restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2012 Jul 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I too have had big problems installing the Adobe Flash Player.  I have followed all of the instructions above, and evidently it is installed and enabled on the computer, however I still can't run the program that requires Adobe Flash Player.  When I search for Adobe Flash Player in the Control Panel, it comes up as "Flash Player 32 bit", even though as far as I knew I was downloading the 64 bit Adobe Flash Player.  No matter what I do I can't get it to work.  Please help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2012 Jul 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please start a new topic and supply all information like your operating system & version, and what web browser you use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2012 Jan 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carl, you are the man!!! Thank you! I've been struggling with this for a couple of months and about gave up! Happy New Year!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2012 Jan 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it seemed to have installed correctly after doing all Carl told me to do, but now when I open a website with certain videos it still tells me I need to install Adobes latest Flash player. So I downloaded it successfully according to the computer screen, but it still won't open videos and tells me I need to download latest version... it's like I am in the Twilight zone!!!

Any other helpful ideas???? Chrome works fine. It's Internet Explorer 9 with my Windows 7 - 64 bit system... (I downloaded the 64 bit system version)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again!!! It actually worked this time! When i clicked the gear button, manage add ons, toolbars & extensions, and saw that the download for flash player wasn't enabled, that solved the problem! At least now I know I am not crazy!!!

Jill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines