• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sims 3 and Firefox tug-a-war (64 vs 32 bit)

Jul 20, 2012 Jul 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run Windows 7 64 bit and use Firefox 8.0 as my browser. My graphics card is a GTX 560, if that matters. After updating my flash player about a few weeks ago I experiensed some problems with Youtube videos and other Flash videos and applications not running. I fixed that by uninstalling the 64 bit flash and then installing the 32 bit. And that worked great, until two days ago when i bought Sims 3 (Steam sale). Well, appearantly the people at EA have been very eager and in order to run Sims 3 you must have the latest version of Adobe Flash installed. That includes if you have a 64 bit operative system you must have a 64 bit Flash player. So now I am back to 80% of Youtube  not working when I browse with Firefox.

I noted that 32 and 64 bit installs in seperate locations. But even though I have both 32 bit and 64 bit folders and files, Firefox is still using the 64 bit, poorly. How can I make it use the other one?

In short I want Sims 3 to get to use the 64 bit version and Firefox to get to use the 32 bit version.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 21, 2012 Jul 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved my issue by disabling the protected mode for flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2012 Jul 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Firefox is a 32-bit browser, and will automatically use the 32-bit plugin (located in SysWOW64).

If you want to use 64-bit browsing, download Waterfox - it will use the 64-bit plugin (located in System32).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines