• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is There Anyway to Change the Color of the Bounding Box of the Selected Slide?

Engaged ,
Jul 20, 2012 Jul 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With a lot of today's programs (especially Adobe) going to the dark interface, it is very difficult to see the black bounding box that indicates the selected slide in the Filmstrip view. Does anyone know if the selected bounding box color can be changed?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2012 Jul 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not AFAIK, wanted a lot more customisation possibilities myself. But now I'm wondering: Captivate is not following the global hype about dark UI, why is it necessary to change that slide bounding box in the filmstrip? I could understand that it would be great to be able to change the grid, or the placeholder bounding boxes (like click boxes) on the stage if you use a dark background, but the filmstrip has never a dark background, perhaps I didn't find it yet?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Lieve

KurryKid didn't state the version of Captivate, so s/he could be referring to 5. And in that version, I have to agree wholeheartedly that it's difficult at best to determine exactly WHICH slide has focus in the silly Filmstrip. As you probably remember, the dark "ocean of gray" interface really turned me off when that version came out. So I think they have a point.

And like you, I'd personally LOVE to see an ability for the Captivate user to choose their own color scheme for the UI.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Cp6 and that is the problem...it is hard to see which slide has focus in the filmstrip.

Kurrykid...I am a Mr. (real name Dave). Also post a lot as Destined2learn.

Thanks.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, I knew that 'Kurrykid' uses Captivate 6, he has posted so many questions/answers in different threads and I have a stubborn memory....

Seems bit strange, because I have no trouble seeing the active slide in this version, do you use the small version of the slides in the Filmstrip or the default Normal one?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the default normal view of the filmstrip (Medium). Here is what it looks like...you can see with the image it is surrounding, it is difficult to see at times:

FilmstripView.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gee, it's so easy to see! NOT LOL I feel for you I really do.

I wonder if the dev team could perhaps design the film strip so the slide with current focus was presented a bit larger than the others. That could help.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention.

Have you filed a Wish Form/Bug Report? It's critical that anyone that wants to see this changed, take that action. Adobe uses these as sort of a "voting" system. The more reports of something specific such as this, the more likely it is to be addressed at some future point.

LInk is in my sig.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Feature request submitted...thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources