Several things are going on
First, my system Win7 64 bit 12 gigs RAM
Second, I am going to describe my workflow which, until this morning worked in all LR evolutions INCLUDING LR 4.1
Third, no setting has been changed within the computer, no program has been added.
1. Create new catalog- A new catalog is created for every job, no catalogs are combined, no catalogs exceed 5000 images.
2. Import from NAS (Drobo) as a DNG-put all images into subfolder RAW
3. Cull images, begin post production
Current Problem(s)-again this begain this a.m not before and with no updates or anything from computer, nothing is different.
1. Create new catalog-no problem
2. Import images from NAS-until this a.m. I did not have to re-write where to put subfolders in. The RAW subfolder was maintained either in RAM or the programs operating file...I don't know, I just know I didn't have to again tell the program where to put the files.
3. Navigate to NAS select folder-while the files are detected-total number, file names-no previews are made.
4. Click to Import- dialog simply states "importing photos" yet no progress is made either in the progress bar in the Navigator space in the upper left corner, nor are any images being brought in or converted. In short...it's stuck and will not move..Have kept the import process open for up to 30 minutes and no progress is made.
This is clearly a deficiency in the program, corrupted in some way, and as the program was not easily installed due to some crazy installation process, I would prefer Adobe SEND me a LR 4.1 installation disk so I can do a clean install.
Thankfully, I kept the original LR 3.4.1 on my machine and it works the above mentioned workflow just fine.
I would appreciate some level of support from Adobe, great product, but a bit slow to respond or acknowledge a software problem.
I seriously doubt this is a corruption, and even if it is you don't need a disk, you can download it.
Post a screen shot of your import screen right before you press import and maybe we can figure out where you've gone wrong.
Thanks for getting in touch, away from the desk at the moment, but
1. The installation process was a nightmare, check the forum for how many people had a problem with that
2. As for screen shot, it is just the import screen the moment after you hit "import" it just hangs I will comply upon my return
3. As for where "I" went wrong, as the process has been precisely what I have consistently done for the last 6 years I'm fairly confident this is a software situation- I won't say never, but I'm good on this because LR3 can still be utilized in the same way AND I can create a catalog that LR 4.1 will open, the only workaround so far.
Europe, Middle East and Africa