Skip navigation

Why should I pay for upgrade to CS6 twice?

May 2, 2012 6:23 AM

Latest reply: Filip_Zamorsky, Jul 26, 2012 12:41 AM
Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 21, 2012 11:07 AM   in reply to Hedystafford

Well yesterday I got an email from Adobe saying:- "Please be advised that as a one-time exception I will place a Free-of-Charge order for Photoshop CS6 (upgrade MAC) on your account". Needless to say I'm delighted that Adobe decided to do the right thing!

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,528 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 21, 2012 11:32 AM   in reply to Hedystafford

Thanks for reporting back.  I imagine it's going to get more and more difficult if not impossible to achieve that, for folks who have waited this long to act.

It's a shame you had to work so hard at getting that result - potentially spending way more of your time (is money) and theirs than the stupid upgrade is worth.  At least Adobe did the right thing.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 25, 2012 1:08 AM   in reply to Filip_Zamorsky

This is the feedback I have sent to Adobe:-

I am as you can imagine delighted to have received my complimentary upgrade. Here is my feedback:-

All five of the members of Adobe's staff I have communicated with have been polite and patient. However it was very difficult for me to get them to actually understand the point I was making. In spite of me being very clear on more than one occasion that my request was not for the regular "post announce" free upgrade, it took chatting with three different customer assistants before this was actually taken on board.

I was extremely frustrated by the fact that no-one would allow me to chat with anyone in a supervisory capacity, and that it was not possible to communicate with "the next level". It made me feel as if I was just being palmed off with excuses.

There are still many people out there who bought between the date of Adobe's original announcement (ie that they would only offer the low upgrade price for CS6 to owners of CS5) and the date of CS6's release (when CS6 was, after all, made available at the low price to owners of both CS4 and even CS3). 

I feel staff should be properly informed about this widespread issue and instructed to respond immediately and positively to requests for an upgrade.

Even better, Adobe should make another public announcement expressing their intention to offer a free upgrade to all affected customers.

I look forward to receiving a positive response from Adobe on this.

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points