Hi all - I've searched and searched and not found any discussion about this yet so, here 'goes.
I have just created 4 projects in CP5.5 (XP Pro SP3). Audio on most slides. No quizzing, but 3 of the 4 projects contain interactive elements (simple click boxes). There is no reporting and I am simply hosting them on a public server. They are published to Flash 10 but I (and my client) use the latest Flash player 11.3.x.
My client noticed that, about halfway through each project, the audio would cut out and in. Sometimes the mouse clicks would be silent as well. Navigating back and forth wouldn't fix the problem, but different pieces of the audio would cut out.
It seemed to happen most when they started the project, then used the progress bar to jump to the middle somewhere.
The issues aren't consistent - sometimes they happen, sometimes they don't.
In my own testing, I've found that:
- the issues can sometimes present when I'm viewing the projects locally - straight from my local (non-networked) file system
- the issues seem to be worse when my PC is busy with other stuff (uploading/downloading)
- with Chrome, the audio is always fine, but there are visual glitches. Groups of background pixels become misaligned with the rest, and then snap back to place.
- with IE, I hear the audio cut in and out but the visuals remain in tact
- with Safari on a Mac (also Flash 11.3.x), the thing runs smooth as silk, all the time
- Flash seems to be very CPU needy when I'm viewing a project. I've never noticed this before, but perhaps its needing more resources than it is getting at times and causing these glitches?
I've also gone back and watched some past projects I've made for the same client (>1 year ago) and they too show signs of audio/visual issues now that we never experienced back then.
All this leads me to believe that Flash 11 is somehow a part of this problem.
I installed CP6 and published to Flash 11 specifically, but still saw the same problems.
I would like to install Flash 10 player and test it out, but I can't seem to locate a working installer.... still looking.
Any ideas on how else I could troubleshoot this?
Anybody else seeing something similar?
Thanks in advance,