Skip navigation
mallerst
Currently Being Moderated

Extension Builder 2.0 and InDesign CS5?

Jul 20, 2012 12:33 AM

Hi,

I recently tried to create an Adobe Extension that uses host adapters. But after exporting the extension and installing it with the Adobe Extension Manager CS5 I got an error message during startup of InDesign that the host adapter is not a valid plugin. Is it possible that the Extension Manager 2.0 does not support InDesign CS5 with host adapters? Because the plugin without the host adapter works. Or do I need older host adapter plugins? If yes, where can I download them?

Thanks a lot,

Martin

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 20, 2012 2:53 AM   in reply to mallerst

Hi Martin,

What is the exact version of InDesign that you are running- is it InDesign CS5 or CS5.1, and on which platform? Can you also post the <files> section of your mxi file?

Thanks,

Joe

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 7:50 AM   in reply to mallerst

Hi Martin,

Sorry for the delay in replying. We are currently looking into the issue. I will keep you posted.

Thanks,

Joe

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 15, 2012 2:48 AM   in reply to mallerst

Hi Martin,

Can you try changing the paths to the host adapters to be absolute paths, and also add the individual folders (csadapters-1.0 and csadapters-2.0) to your project? The host adapters are located under $(ExtensionBuilder_installation)/com.adobe.cside.libsinstaller_xxxx/a rchive/.

Additionally, modify your mxi entries for InDesign host adapters to target version 7.5 - 7.9 (CS5.5) using csadapters-1.0 and version 8.0-8.9(CS6) using csadapters-2.0. Then download the CS5 ID adapter from the link below and add them to your project to target version 7.0 - 7.4.

Sorry about the inconvenience. I hope this works out for you.

Thanks,

Joe

http://cssdk.host.adobe.com/sdk/2.0/patch/indesign_ha_cs5.zip

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2012 6:33 AM   in reply to mallerst

Hi Martin,

This archive contains the ID host adapters for both CS5 and CS5.5. This should work for your configuration.

http://cssdk.host.adobe.com/sdk/2.0/patch/id_host_adapter.zip

Thanks,

Joe

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points