Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

v19 Android Adobe Content Viewer dumped my folios

Mar 15, 2012 9:16 AM

I fired up our Xoom this morning to preview some article changes and upgraded the Adobe Content Viewer.  Unfortunately I was greeted with an empty library, even though I had 10 or more already downloaded folios before the update.  I was viewing one right before the update was installed.  After signing in all the folios show up in the library, but they show as not having been downloaded yet.  Did I do something wrong, or will my customers have to re-download entire folios that were already downloaded to their devices prior to the Adobe Content Viewer update?  After the v18 ACV update I had to update an article in each folio for them to be viewable (which was not ideal) but at least it only forced one article to be re-downloaded.

Has anyone else experienced this?  I haven't started getting calls about this yet but I'm sure they'll be coming soon if it's not just me that's losing their downloaded folios.

Andrew

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 23, 2012 9:34 AM   in reply to Andrew Smith

Hi Andrew,

Do you know if this is still the case for the latest version?

I wonder if this is by design, or just happened with v19 update.

It would seem beneficial for Adobe to have all users need to re-download everything after an update of an app.

Hoping for a quick answer, otherwise ill have to test it myself on v21

ps, you mentioned Android, so it did not happen in iOS?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 23, 2012 10:59 PM   in reply to Jimraynor01

I tested for iOS downgrade to v20 then upgrade to v21. Both versions kept the downloaded folios intact after update.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points