Skip navigation
DSDG_1
Currently Being Moderated

Dreamweaver and CMS

Jul 20, 2012 8:20 AM

Tags: #cs5 #dreamweaver #blogs #cms #wordpress_blog

Hello

I'm hoping someone can help me and I appreciate this has been brought to everyones attention about 1000 times over but there is still some things I need to be made clear...

I'm new to the world of website design/CMS and I have a new client who wishes to update a series of different blogs in her website, but she wants a very unique design created. I'm using illustrator, slicing it up and then adding it into dreamweaver, can a cms blog such as wordpress be put into an ap div or a particular section of the website so I am still able to keep this unique design she has requested?

I've read so many forums/sites explaining how it works I just wanted to clear it up. Will I have to confirm to my client that its either a particular blog design or no blog and having the design?

Hope this makes sense.

I'd really appreciate some feedback!

Thanks alot

Dani

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 20, 2012 9:00 AM   in reply to DSDG_1

You can't do it quite the way you describe. You need to learn how to edit a wordpress template/design and adjust to the way WP does things.

Few people use Illustrator for building web graphics but I do. But don't use Illustrator slices. Don't let any graphics program write code for you. Instead use the Illustrator artboard tool to define the graphic chunks.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2012 9:44 AM   in reply to DSDG_1

Look at Adobe Business Catalyst which includes InContext CMS with your hosting.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 23, 2012 10:00 AM   in reply to DSDG_1

Check out Konductor CMS if you want full design control and no server-side setup. The interface for your clients is fully in-context as well.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points