Skip navigation
f4nch35
Currently Being Moderated

[Android] Swiping disabled on HTML views ?

Jul 23, 2012 9:19 AM

Tags: #android #dps #cs6 #swipe #digital_publishing_suite

Hello everyone !!

I have a weird problem on my folio, and it only occurs on Android tablets.

I have a whole page (my table of contents) which is in HTML (for tiny effects and stuff...). But once I'm on it, I can't swipe back to the previous page, or swipe forward to the next.

The problem does not occur on iPads, only on my Android tablet (Acer Iconiatab).

Is there a specific thing to do to enable swiping on HTML pages like that?

Thanks a lot in advance!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 23, 2012 9:24 AM   in reply to f4nch35

Is this an HTML article or a web overlay?

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 26, 2012 5:03 AM   in reply to f4nch35

I've found that if the content moves around in the frame, you cannot swipe over that area. You'll  need to fix that so the content fits exactly in the frame.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 4:44 AM   in reply to f4nch35

That's what I'm saying. But if it's really that size why not just use an HTML article?

Bob

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,638 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 3, 2012 10:14 AM   in reply to f4nch35

You can mix HTML articles and regular articles in the same folio. The error message is more likely caused by mixing orientations in articles. If your folio is portrait-only or landscape only, add an _h or _v suffix to the HTML file you import, such as index_v.html.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 3, 2012 2:17 PM   in reply to f4nch35

I'm having the same issue with HTML content embedded using the Web Content folio overlay.  The overlay is mostly a transparent box, with a tab that can be pulled out to reveal some extra information.  On the iPad and desktop viewers, i can still swipe on the overlay area to navigate horizontally/vertically through articles, but on the Android viewer I cannot. It seems like the overlay blocks the touch events on the android device, leaving a dead space where the user cannot navigate.  I have tried making the size of the HTML document the same as the overlay area, and I have tried making it slightly smaller to eliminate the possibility that its a nested scrolling issue.  It is impractical for me to convert the entire article into an HTML article, because it is only a small interactive piece.  Any help would be appreciated.

- matt

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 18, 2012 1:33 AM   in reply to f4nch35

We need the possibility to scroll webelements, too.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points