Skip navigation
jjdewitt9
Currently Being Moderated

Private publishing without Enterprise platform

Jul 23, 2012 10:17 AM

I thought I'd follow up on this to see if there is any current (or upcoming) way to publish branded apps using the Single or Professional platforms and distribute privately. My understanding is that the Enterprise platform is required to distribution apps independent of the iTunes App Store, etc.

If not now, does Adobe have any future plans for bringing this capability to individuals and small business owners that can't afford the steep investment in the Enterprise solution?

I understand that the Adobe Content Viewer can be used to view privately but I need to distribute branded apps privately. Are there any other options from Adobe available?

Thanks for your assistance with this.

Josh

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 23, 2012 10:38 AM   in reply to jjdewitt9

This is not about Adobe, it’s about Apple and the way things are is not likely to ever change.

Without Enterprise level Adobe and Apple accounts you’re going to have to live without branded viewers.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 23, 2012 12:35 PM   in reply to Bob Levine

What???  This is ALL about Adobe.  Apple has absolutely nothing to do with distributing private branded apps other than providing iTunes usage and distribution at the private IT enterprise level.  It's the high cost of the Adobe Enterprise platform that is restrictive.  How in the world is Adobe's fee for Enterprise distribution in any way connected with Apple?

jjdewitt9, there's no other option yet available for private distribution.  You'll have to go the acrobat.com/Content Viewer route.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 23, 2012 12:41 PM   in reply to landrvr1

Try doing this without an Apple Enterprise account.

And I will remind you again, that there are other systems out there. Stop ******** about pricing and use PressRun or Mag+ or Aquafadas.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 23, 2012 1:08 PM   in reply to jjdewitt9

It’s an enterprise solution and it carries an enterprise price tag.

It seems that the prevailing thought is that Adobe does nothing but sit back and collect money for providing these services. They’re expensive to buy because they’re expensive to provide.

Seriously, do a little shopping around and see what some of the other solutions will cost you. Are they as much as Adobe’s? Maybe. Maybe not. But I can assure you they are not cheap.

Bob

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points