Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How to "Close Off" Included Shape

Jul 22, 2012 6:32 PM

Hi, I have attached a couple of comic book bubble shapes that have "tails" on them (the little pointy part that you put near the persons mouth who is speaking the dialogue). I'd like to remove these tails and close off the shape so that it's symmetric (as if the tail never existed). How would I go about doing this?

SPEECH21-[Converted].png

BURST01-[Converted].png

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 22, 2012 8:48 PM   in reply to kissfrito@yahoo.com

Use the direct selection tool (lowercase - a on keyboard) Select the points that make up the tail and in the top tool bar, click on the icon for removing points. Do not hit the delete key, as that will break the path. Using the icon will remove the points and keep the path intact.

That being said, I am assuming the shape was created with a single path. It is possible that more than one path makes up the shape. If thats the case, then we can go from there.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 23, 2012 1:37 AM   in reply to kissfrito@yahoo.com

kissfrito,

To get back to the symmetrical shape you started with, the easiest way would (have) be(en) to just copy/unhide it from where you saved it in the first place before destroying it.

Failing that, you may click the centre (relative to the original shape) Anchor Points at top and bottom with the Scissors Tool, delete the moderated part, Object>Reflect a copy of the original part, select it by one of the endpoints and snap it to (the corresponding endpoint of) the original part, Direct Select the pairs of them and Ctrl/Cmd+J to join.

Smart Guide are your friends; they say anchor point when you have coinciding points.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 23, 2012 12:20 PM   in reply to kissfrito@yahoo.com

You can do it. Here's directions

Screen shot 2012-07-23 at 12.12.16 PM.png

Screen shot 2012-07-23 at 12.19.01 PM.png

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 23, 2012 12:35 PM   in reply to kissfrito@yahoo.com

Then do this

Screen shot 2012-07-23 at 12.34.57 PM.png

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 23, 2012 2:35 PM   in reply to kissfrito@yahoo.com

For my part you are welcome, kiss.

If I sent you these two files would you be able to do this for me for a fee?

That would be quite impossible: in this forum we always work for fee>free.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points