• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Attaching keyboard shortcuts to click boxes in Captivate 6

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2012 Jul 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondered in anyone else is having difficulty attaching  keyboard shortcuts to click boxes in Captivate 6.  I simply want to attach the Delete Key to a click box to simulate the removal of highlighted text in a simulation.  Things seem to be working in preview mode, but when I preview in browser the simulation freezes.  I have since tried attaching a number of simple keystrokes to click boxes, buttons and smart objects, and they all seem to have the same problem - the correct keystroke does not move the simulation forward.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

This could be the result of timing and the action assigned to the Click Box. For example, if the Click Box is timed to pause the slide at perhaps four seconds and the action is configured to simply "continue", if you press the shortcut at the two second mark, the Click Box carries out its action and continues, but pauses at the four second mark. In this case, you would need to press the shorcut again after the pause.

The bottom line is to check the action and the timing.

Can you post screen captures of the Click Box properties and the Timeline for the slide?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick

I forgot to mention in my original post I was using CP 6 for the Mac, and I thought it might be related to that.  I have downloaded CP6 for windows, and the same problem seems to be occuring. I have attached a couple of screenshots as you requested.

clickbutton01.pngclickbutton02.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 24, 2012 Jul 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry to say we are not able to reproduce the issue reported by you.

Can you send us the project for investigation, it will give us more info for debugging the issue.

Mail the project or sample set of slides where issue is occuring to below mail id.

mathkyar@adobe.com

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 06, 2012 Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. This is on a project that was created in 5, where the keystroke worked fine. Now in 6 it doesn't. I deleted the click box, and then recreated it, and it still doesn't work. It's fine in preview, but not when running in IE (I haven't tried other browsers).

Has anyone found a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. CP6 for Windows. Building software demo with slide containing a click box with "Enter" as shortcut to simulate user input. If I preview from that slide, it works. If I preview from any previous slide, the faulty slide plays (I can see it advance and pause on the scrollbar), but will not accept ANY keyboard input. I have changed shortcuts, but the slide is dead to all input. Clicking anywhere on the slide activates it so that it will accept the shortcut. However, that is not the input that I need.

Works perfectly in 5.5. Am dreading the prospect of recreating several projects since there is no way to roll back from CP6.

I would be happy to use an object other than a click box, but can't figure out an alternative. I need the slide to pause and then advance to the next slide when the user to presses "Enter."

Any ideas???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, I know how to work around this, but it is bizarre. My problem is going from a slide with a click box to a slide that requires a keyboard shortcut. That combination doesn't work for me together in CP6. The keyboard input on the second slide is ignored. After much grief, I found that the problem was caused by the interaction with the previous slide with the click box. Through trial and error, I discovered that the keyboard shortcuts only work on the second slide IF I completely cover the click box on the previous slide with an object such as a text box. An empty, transparent text box works fine. The text box must be above the click box on the timeline. Unfortunately, the hand cursor does not display--but the actions work.

This makes no sense to me, but it does work. I have the same issue with TEB's. I do not have this problem in 5.5. It has to be a bug in 6.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources