• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can somebody tell me how I can access the help for vers. 9?

Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2012 Jul 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp9, but when I click on Contents & Index in Help all I am getting is RoboHelp10. Even when I click Using RoboHelp HTML 9 in the yellow box nothing changes. This is REALLY irritating...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jul 24, 2012 Jul 24, 2012

Meanwhile kindly download it from here:--

http://www.qfpost.com/file/d?g=zoaCJ8pXJ

Harpreet.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting it too - looks like the doc team haven't versioned it off yet in the Community Help - here's a workaround - open up the little panel at the bottom right of the screen and select RH 8 - it will display - then copy that link and paste it into your browser - change the 8 to a 9 & there you are again in RH9 help-land.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using this option:

help.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've e-mailed the TCS team about this issue now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

I tried the same and clicked on Yellow box and selected RH9, and it was taking me to RH9 help. Please try again and let us know.

thanks

Praful Jain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, still not working Praful - just keeps cycling back to http://help.adobe.com/en_US/robohelp/robohtml/index.html in my location, which is showing RH10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we are working on this and this should be fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meanwhile kindly download it from here:--

http://www.qfpost.com/file/d?g=zoaCJ8pXJ

Harpreet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reported this to Adobe. Meantime this link takes you direct to the help on the web.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/RoboHelp/9.0/RoboHTML/index.html

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the same issue is happening to FM too - the Captivate one is showing 6, but you can still get back to 5 and 5.5 through the link in the pop out panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the suggestions - I have downloaded the RH9 Help now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 25, 2012 Jul 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

The problem that @fonnes reported should be solved now. Let us know if you still see the issue.

Thanks

Nandini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be working correctly now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a ton for confirming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK now for me. Initially it still went to RoboHelp 10 but after using yellow panel bottom right and switching to RoboHelp 9 it seems to be sticking there.

Thanks for working very late into the evening on this.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I replied too soon. I do now get RH9 when I click on Contents& Index, but searching is not working correctly. The search results in the left column show RoboHelp 9, but when I select one of them the text for RoboHelp 10 is displayed. Clicking on RH9 in the yellow box doesn't show what I selected in the search results.

RoboHelp search error.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Till this is fixed you can probably keep using the same help file as in the pic as the content is same for the features which are similar in Rh 9 and Rh 10.

My suggestion to you is to open Rh 9 and goto a pod that you wanna work with,and when that pod is open,press F1 key on keyboard and what it will do is,it will open the pod specific help file according to Rh 9.

Harpreet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

One option may be to open the locally installed help. Try looking in the Windows file system. On my own PC (Windows 7 Professional) I find it in this location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Help

Just run the Adobe Help.exe file

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nandini,

After installing the local content updates this morning, I'm getting the same results as @fonnes - "home" page launches correct version, search results list correct version, but links are to new TCS4 version. This appears to be the same in FM help too. The Captivate help is still launching the version 6 help on its "home" page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp