Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

finding adobe premiere license which came with the envy 17

Jul 20, 2012 8:40 AM

Tags: #envy #17

Hi all, i've recently bought an envy 3D 17 which came with PSElemnts9 and Adobe Premiere Elements 9. i've upgraded the hdd to anssd for perfomance issues. I would like to reinstall these softwares but i can't find the licenses i only have their setup. i still have the originary hard disk where the are correctly installed but i don't like opening my laptop because it may broke and this is still under warranty. So is there a way where can I find my license witouth mounting the hdd, copying installation directiories to an usb pen the remounting the ssd and copying the directories?
Regards.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 20, 2012 9:11 AM   in reply to jacotsu

You will not be able to find the license key on your old hard drive... the license key is "altered/encrypted" during install so someone who "walks by" may not find the license key

You will need to look for the license key on a sticker on the back of the disc case, or somewhere else provided with the computer

IF you registered the software with Adobe, you may go to your account at Adobe (start with the big red A at the top left) to view your information

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 21, 2012 8:16 AM   in reply to jacotsu

That would bootlegging way too easy, Jacotsu! Fortunately, it doesn't work that way.

The serial number is on the back of the plastic case that the discs are packed in.

If you don't have that, you'll most likely need to purchase a new one.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 21, 2012 8:50 AM   in reply to jacotsu

The serial number sticker for v7 is 6 groups of 4 numbers, separate by the dash - mark

If you don't have the v9 sticker, I agree with Steve... you will need to buy v10 (v9 is no longer sold)

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 21, 2012 1:51 PM   in reply to jacotsu

If you go the route of booting from your original hard disk the free Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit  will show you your registration key. Then uninstall and deactivate PRE. You should then be able to reinstall to your SSD and use that registration key.

Of course it may be that as an OEM version you may not be able to reinstall in which case, as mentioned above, you would need to purchase a new version.

Cheers,
    --
    Neale
    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 24, 2012 7:54 AM   in reply to jacotsu

First, glad that the problem was solved.

Next, thank you for taking the time to outline the steps required for recovery of HP OEM software. That WILL be helpful for others in the same situation.

As more users (and especially the "regulars" here) use the download, or physical media versions of PrE, most have no experience recovering the OEM versions. Now, we have all learned something, and have your post to link to, should another HP user come with the same problem.

Appreciated, and good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points