Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS6 keeps greeking a vector EPS logo

Jul 24, 2012 9:52 AM

I have a simple, 1-color vector EPS logo in my InDesign document that greeks whenever my viewing magnification drops below 76% (the logo is ~1.2" wide x .2" high).

I've double-checked that all of my Display Performance settings are all maxed out to High Quality, in both Preferences and at the Object level.

I have 8GB of RAM on a Macbook Pro, and I've tried having only InDesign and this document open to make sure it's not an out-of-memory issue.

I haven't experienced this before in previous versions of InDesign. Am I missing something simple to correct this so my vector art renders at all magnification levels, or is this a new behavior (or bug?) in CS6?

Thanks,

R

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 24, 2012 10:57 AM   in reply to R. Sinclair

Stop using EPS and use AI, instead.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 24, 2012 11:12 AM   in reply to R. Sinclair

@R. Sinclair – how did you place that EPS file?

"Show Import Options" on or off?

Make sure, that the EPS file is rasterized for display by InDesign and not using its own embedded preview.

One benefit is the superior display quality and the other is that the EPS is parsed through the import filter where problems with the file could be detected early on.

To do that:

1. Check  "Show Import Options" when the place command is showing you the file window where you can choose a file to place.
    2. In the "EPS Import Options"  check: "Rasterize the PostScript" in the next dialog.

Hope that makes the difference…

Uwe

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 24, 2012 11:29 AM   in reply to R. Sinclair

I’m afraid you’ll have to live with it then.

I’ve never gotten really good previews from EPS files and converting them AI (or in a pinch, running them through distiller to convert to PDF) provides a much better preview.

Bob

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points