Skip navigation
tbalderree
Currently Being Moderated

Exit Code 7 on install

Jul 24, 2012 12:00 PM

My Photoshop CS5.1 won't launch any more. When attempting to re-install I get an error of Exit Code 7 - the last line in the log is "FATAL: DW020: Conflicts were found in the selected payloads. Halting installation."

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 24, 2012 1:05 PM   in reply to tbalderree

Which operating system are you using?  Did you receive an error within Photoshop which prompted you to reinstall?  If so what was the error message?  Did you remove your installation of Photoshop prior to attempting to reinstall?

You may want to run through the normal process of removal depending upon your operating system.  Once done you can utilize the CS Cleaner Tool - CS Cleaner Tool for installation problems | CCM, CS6, CS5.5, CS5, CS4, CS3 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation -problems.html to help clean up the installation.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 24, 2012 1:53 PM   in reply to tbalderree

The DW020 error is basically stating that it is unable to continue the installation process due to a previous version being installed.  I would recommend you at minimum remove all copies of Photoshop which are installed and then try installing Photoshop CS5.1 from your CS5.5 Web Premium installation media.

What is the CS5 suite which you also have installed in addition to the CS5.5 Web Premium?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 25, 2012 11:56 AM   in reply to tbalderree

Tbalderree I would recommend you review your installation log to see the complete error message.  There could be additional errors which were not reported in the installation summary you posted in your original message.  You can find details on how to review the installation log at Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5, CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5 -cs5.html.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 25, 2012 11:57 AM   in reply to tbalderree

Would like to know has your installation went through fine ? or you faced the same error DW020.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 25, 2012 12:10 PM   in reply to tbalderree

Ok , but you are still not able to launch the 64bit vesion software however 32 bit version work fine ?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points