• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exit Code 7 on install

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2012 Jul 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Photoshop CS5.1 won't launch any more. When attempting to re-install I get an error of Exit Code 7 - the last line in the log is "FATAL: DW020: Conflicts were found in the selected payloads. Halting installation."

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operating system are you using?  Did you receive an error within Photoshop which prompted you to reinstall?  If so what was the error message?  Did you remove your installation of Photoshop prior to attempting to reinstall?

You may want to run through the normal process of removal depending upon your operating system.  Once done you can utilize the CS Cleaner Tool - CS Cleaner Tool for installation problems | CCM, CS6, CS5.5, CS5, CS4, CS3 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html to help clean up the installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Win 7 Enterprise. The reason I tried to re-install was Photoshop CS5.1 64 bit would not launch - it would say "a problem has caused the program to stop working correctly". I could, however, run my CS5 version without any problems.

Do I need to uninstall all of CS5.1? I still actually have CS5.0 on my system because it contained InDesign, while my new suite didn't. So at the moment I have Photoshop CS5 (64 bit), Photoshop CS5.1 (64 bit), and Photoshop CS5.1 (32 bit). The last two installed when I did the standard install with CS5.5 Web Premium. Should I uninstall all of both suites, just the three Photoshop instances, or the two CS5.1 instances?

Thanks for the help.

Ted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The DW020 error is basically stating that it is unable to continue the installation process due to a previous version being installed.  I would recommend you at minimum remove all copies of Photoshop which are installed and then try installing Photoshop CS5.1 from your CS5.5 Web Premium installation media.

What is the CS5 suite which you also have installed in addition to the CS5.5 Web Premium?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2012 Jul 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I first tried just uninstalling all of the Photoshop installs (CS5 and CS5.1) and then re-installing CS5.1, but it still wouldn't run. So I uninstalled all of CS5.5 Web Premium, then re-installed it all - still didn't work. Then I uninstalled all of both Creative Suites, Web Premium CS5.5 and Design Standard CS5. Then I ran the Adobe Creative Suite Cleaner Tool before reinstalling the newer suite. It still gives me the same "stopped working" as it is going through the startup process. In all cases the 32 bit version will always open and run but not the 64 bit version. The weird thing is that the 64 bit version installed and ran fine for many months but just started having this problem in the last few weeks.

Any suggestions. I saw a reference on a forum about installing from inside Win 7 safe mode. Would that help?

Ted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tbalderree I would recommend you review your installation log to see the complete error message.  There could be additional errors which were not reported in the installation summary you posted in your original message.  You can find details on how to review the installation log at Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5, CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5-cs5.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got the issue resolved. I talked with our IT guy about everything I had done so far, and he looked in the computer's system Event Viewer, under the application logs. It showed that the error was happening when it tried to access a plugin (under Photoshop CS5.1(64 bit)/plugins/extensions) called ScriptingSupport.8li. I'm not sure what it does but when we moved it out of that directory, Photoshop (64bit) opens fine now. I haven't knowingly installed any Photoshop plugins lately (I have recently installed some Illustrator plugins, though), so I'm not sure when it started having an issue with this recently. Thanks for the help.

Ted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would like to know has your installation went through fine ? or you faced the same error DW020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The installation went through fine - no errors.

Ted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok , but you are still not able to launch the 64bit vesion software however 32 bit version work fine ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines