Skip navigation
PrunedaleDiver
Currently Being Moderated

Question about saving audio changes

Jul 24, 2012 1:55 PM

I am trying to reduce the soundtrack volume of several video clips in a presentation.  In Timeline I selected AudioTools icon > Audio Mix.

I adjusted the soundtrack volume (reduced to large -db, or mute) for a single clip (of many in sequence). It reduces the volume ok, but if I replay it the sound is back to full volume.  I do not see a "save" or "apply" button as in SmartMixer. Are there markers that I also have to set? 

I have also right clicked the sound track and selected "properties" icon > volume to get "fade in" and "fade out".  Again, does not save the action.

Dave

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 24, 2012 2:54 PM   in reply to PrunedaleDiver

There are several ways to attenuate Audio Volume (or Gain) in PrE. This ARTICLE goes into some detail on each method.

Note: When one uses Audio Mixer, it applies Audio TRACK Keyframes, and NOT Audio CLIP Keyframes. There can be a big difference.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 25, 2012 4:15 PM   in reply to PrunedaleDiver

Dave,

Some users have had issues with both of the Fixed Audio Tracks, Soundtrack and Narration, though I thought that might have been fixed in PrE 10.

The workaround is to use one of the "regular" Audio Tracks, that is empty, say Audio Track 2, instead of either the Soundtrack or Narration.

Please give that a try, and report on whether that now works. You can lasso the Clips on Soundtrack, and just drag them all to another regular Audio Track.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 27, 2012 7:32 AM   in reply to PrunedaleDiver

I do not know if you have seen this THREAD on Audio attenuation, but there might be some useful tips in that too.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 28, 2012 6:26 AM   in reply to PrunedaleDiver

Dave,

Great news!

Happy editing,

Hunt

|
    Mark as: