Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Macbook pro

Jul 24, 2012 10:08 PM

Hi,  Im using after effects on a 2011 model macbook pro Lion OSX with a solid state drive. Its not too bad but could be better.  I cant afford a whole new system currently as Im studying but I was wondering is there any way of using one of those nvidia quadro cards etc with a macbook pro?  IF so which one, and how do I do this?   Thank you

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 24, 2012 10:56 PM   in reply to Arrakis

You can't upgrade the graphics hardware of an MBP and that settles that.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 24, 2012 11:05 PM   in reply to Arrakis

MacBook Pro's have great resale value. The only MBPro with a compatible card is the new Retina model. A trade-in is your only viable option.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 24, 2012 11:16 PM   in reply to Arrakis

If you need portability and want to stick with a Mac then the Retina display is the way to go. I'm very happy with mine. If you don't need portability and want to stay Mac then a Mac Pro would be the way to go. More cores and more performance for the $4K.

If you want to move to Windows then you've got to be just as careful about compatibility and video cards with laptops. I'd also suggest that you go with a major manufacturer if you go for a desktop. These days you can get a pretty amazing machine for $4K....

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points