• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to use Flash buttons in Captivate 5.5?

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2012 Jul 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI

Sorry if I have posted in the wrong section.

I have searched the net but can't find an easy answer to this topic. Especially for someone who has not used actionscript.

I assume that the answer will involve actionscript.

Can someone point me to a tutorial on how to do this?

Cheers

Craig

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used Flash buttons in Captivate and can probably help. But you haven said...what you want the button to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

I suppose the first thing would be some simple navigation: Next slide, Previous slide.

Cheers

Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check this out. Should get you started

http://www.cpguru.com/adobe-captivate-5-system-variables/

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2012 Jul 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you want to use Flash buttons, what is the plus value over the normal buttons or the Shape buttons (in CP6 only)? Or even using the static button widget in previous version, for navigation it will do well and like the Shape buttons it can be used on a Master slide, thus avoiding having to copy/paste it to all slides.

Lilybiri

PS Steve, Pipwerks (Hutchison) has a list with variables as well (little bit more complete than Michael's list).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Craig,

Doesn't sound like you need to involve Flash...and Lilybiri asks a perfectly valid question...you already have what you need--click the button icon to add one to the slide and assign the Action (Go to previous slide...Jump to slide...Continue...etc) to it...is this your first time using or are you just getting your Captivate feet wet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is a really good question Lilybiri. My answer would be none.

I have just completed a basic Flash course and experienced how easy it was to create custom buttons and wanted to know how to use them in Captivate. To be honest it does seam like a lot of bother and effort to get them working when image buttons in C5.5 work so well.

I must have a look at the static button widget.

Thanks for everyones responses

Cheers

Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources