Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IIS 7 Outbound Rewrite Rules Not Working

Jul 17, 2012 Jul 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone please give me a definative answer if there is a work around for this bug.     I am creating a new web app on CF8 and IIS 7 in which I would like to utilize IIS for SEO friendly URLS - Inbound and Outbound.

I know there are other ways of doing this w/ frameworks, ISAPI etc...   I am not looking to do that.

I have inbound rewrite rules working great.   As soon as the outbound rules are enabled in IIS, all requests that go through the CF Server get killed w/ connection reset.   HTML pages will work fine - just anything processed through the CF server is killed.  

I have tried many suggestions like:

make sure static or dynamic copression is disabled...

try disabling and re-enabling compression...

set outboundRules rewriteBeforeCache="false"...

None of these have worked so far.    I even tried the old hack of adding .htm into the web.xml file for CF server to process - didn't work as anticipated.   I have read some replies of possibly CF Server is to fault b/c of it serving chunked data ?   Until I can get a definitive answer .. I feel I am just spinning my wheels hoping to find a work around.   Thank you kindly for replies.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 18, 2012 Jul 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to update and add that I have also tried this w/ IIS 7.5  - same exact results.

Do official Adobe mods monitor and reply to these threads ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 19, 2012 Jul 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody here able to test this for me on thier servers to see if you get the same response ?  Much Much Appreciated... very simple to set up IIS instructions here; http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/497/user-friendly-url---rule-template/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 25, 2012 Jul 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone, Anyone ... Buhler.. ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to set up pretty much the same thing on our server and I am experiencing the same issue. The inbound rewrites work fine, but as soon as I enable the outbound rewrite, it kills all connections to the server. Even other sites that are on the same ColdFusion instance get killed. I've also tried most of the recommendations you listed and none have worked. Would really like a solution to this issue. I am on CF9 and II7 btw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2013 May 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has anyone yet found a solution to this? CF10 and IIS7.5 here, and I still cannot get outbound rewrite to work. Googling all possible terms yields no solution either, but plenty of others with the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation