Skip navigation
mweusthoff
Currently Being Moderated

Exporting a PDF X:3 from indesign for Blurb

Jul 24, 2012 8:41 PM

Ok, I can't seem to get around this problem at all and I'm really getting frustrated. I have an indesign file that I want to export to a PDF X:3 file for blurb. From indesign I click on file>adobe pdf presents> blurb template. Then it asks me to name it, I do, then I click 'save' and the next box comes up with the 'export' button at the bottom. When I click 'export' the box goes away but then nothing at all happens- no status/ progress bar, no other messages, nothing. Then when I click on the PDF file on the desktop (or wherever I saved it) nothing opens, and the file size is listed as 0 bytes, so clearly it is not exporting.

Can someone please tell me what step I am missing to correctly export a PDF X:3 file? Like I said, I'm completely at a loss on this one. Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 25, 2012 4:48 AM   in reply to mweusthoff

Which is the version of the Indesign you are working ? and you OS ?

In Indesign CS5 and later, the Export progress bar will show up in the "Background task" panel which could be found in "Windows>Utilties>Background Task "

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 25, 2012 6:46 AM   in reply to mweusthoff

It's helpful to check the box to open the PDF when export is complete so you know it's finished. The progress bar, as Manish mentioned, is in the Background tasks panel on CS5 and later, but there is also a little scrolling horizontal lines icon that appears in the menu bar when a background task is working.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points