I used to download Adobe products just fine before the "Assistant" requirement. I have the latest Adobe Air, and the latest Assistant. It keeps giving error 109, and I have followed the troubleshooting document to remove the preference file, and cache folder. My network connection is fine, as I am able to download other SW from other sites just fine.
The only thing that may be left is that we use a proxy server, and maybe this download assistant is using a CDN to distribute the download? We whitelist all the IT companies like Adobe, Microsoft, Apple, etc, so that Updates can be applied without authenticating with the proxy, so maybe this utility is using a different URL other than Adobe.com?
I'll have to do some packet sniffing on my end to see exactly what's happening, but it's a bit frustrating that this tool is supposed to make downloading easier, but I have now spent almost an hour on this, and now more time will be spent.
Maybe offering the user an "old fashioned" download through your browser link for times like this?
You are correct that Error 109 typically indicates a failure of the Network connection. Where are you choosing to download the install files to btw?
If you have already tried solution 1 in Troubleshoot Adobe Download Assistant - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-download-assista nt.html#main_Solution_1 then I would recommend trying a direct download. You can find steps on how to accomplish this at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/981369.
Hi, Thanks for replying. I ended up using 'WireShark' to 'sniff' my traffic, and was able to extract the direct link of the product:
Unfortunately, that hangs as well. I've tried Chrome, Firefox, and Safari on the Mac. It must be something our proxy doesn't like, because I'm seeing the requests, it's just I never "get anything back".
I've got another network I can try that's for our visitor's to use, which is just a basic DSL connection, with a wide open firewall. That should take our proxy out of the equation, but everything else w do with Adobe works fine with the proxy. We have 12 seats of CS5, and just upgraded to CS6 (hence the download requirement) and I've never had a problem.
(I also did follow that troubleshooting link before I posted this issue)
It may have something to do with the type of traffic which is being sent. Bgarlock I would recommend working with your I.T. department regarding your proxy configuration especially considering you had difficulties with a direct download.
Europe, Middle East and Africa