• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player local storage setting resetting to none

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2012 Apr 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have windows 7 64 bit using both fire fox and IE when i right click on a flash video etc and go to local storage setting it is set to none, if i move the slider then click close it does absolutely nothing, when i reopen the setting for the same video it is still at none. i tried reseting the global storage setting using http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager03.html and the settings manager dosnt function at all. when i try to click allow third party storage nothing happens a check dosnt even apear in the box. if i try to move the slider it just resets back to none. i thought 10kb was the default for all websites... but i cant change the default either.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 25, 2012 Jul 25, 2012

I don't have Win7 but should not matter which windows you have.  Location and values for this *STUPID* top secret config file I am about to refer to should be the same for any version Windows.

In fact, after reviewing your issue again, you might simply be victum of corrupted 'settings.sol' file.  If that is the case you might try using only the first 2 steps in my hack instructions.  After you complete step #2, just delete the 'settings.sol' file, restart your browser, go run a Flash video and F

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2012 Apr 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i noticed that the settings manager is infact a flash program, and when i right click that and check it, the local storage for macromedea.com itself is even set to none.... does this mean i cant use the setting manager to change the settings from none because the settings are set to none ........... settings....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try the steps outlined in this FAQ to see if they help?

Unable to set Flash Player Settings (Windows)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2012 Jul 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have Win7 but should not matter which windows you have.  Location and values for this *STUPID* top secret config file I am about to refer to should be the same for any version Windows.

In fact, after reviewing your issue again, you might simply be victum of corrupted 'settings.sol' file.  If that is the case you might try using only the first 2 steps in my hack instructions.  After you complete step #2, just delete the 'settings.sol' file, restart your browser, go run a Flash video and Flash Player will see the config file is missing so it will create a nice clean virgin copy from scratch.  Can't hurt to try.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4566499#4566499

Now what I was about to suggest at first, if you have a slight understanding of hex code and want make permanent adjustment to the default setting then try following my hack, step 1 all the way through to step #6.  WOrking really great for me.  Not totally hating the app and cursing the programmer every time I use it now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i know this is an old post but if youre still around i wanted to say THANK YOU! worked like a champ!!!!!it was a corrupt settings.sol file just like u said an you instruction was perfect!!! (after the editingt lol) my flash player settings window would pop up in front of cam and was unclickable

windows 7 ultimate  64bit on a pc and using chrome and opera

Thankls ALOT!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines