• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An internal error has occurred: assertion failed!

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2012 Mar 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error occures on file export. I have reinstalled LR4, Repaired disk pernissions, trashed P files, checked ignore ownership on destination volume. Nothing seems to help. Export works fine from LR3.

If anyone has any ideas please share.

System:

Mac OS X 10.7.3

2x2.8  GHz Quad-Core

16GB Ram

LR4

Thanks- Jackie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Thank you for your prompt response Victoria.    That popup was set to "Do Nothing" but I found the problem:

I kept checking similar questions after I posted and found someone who'd had the same trouble but only on one user account.  This reminded me that Lr had done odd things with permissions on Presets folders in the past which had prevented me from saving new presets.

The backstory:  When I created the main user account on this machine - by restoring from a TimeMachine backup - it somehow gave

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2012 Mar 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same error not jut the defaullt Adobe exports but all third party software aswell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2012 Mar 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also get this error when exporting images using LR4  & the 500px plugin.

Using macbook pro & snow leopard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2012 Mar 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the Lr4.1RC available from Adobe Labs throught the Announcment at the top of the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just upgraded from 3.6 straight to 4.1 and I can't export any images at this point - I am getting this error.  Running OS X 10.6.8 on a Mac Pro.

I have searched here and haven't found anything.  Are there any solutions or workarounds evident?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double check that the After Export pop-up at the bottom of the dialog isn't blank.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your prompt response Victoria.    That popup was set to "Do Nothing" but I found the problem:

I kept checking similar questions after I posted and found someone who'd had the same trouble but only on one user account.  This reminded me that Lr had done odd things with permissions on Presets folders in the past which had prevented me from saving new presets.

The backstory:  When I created the main user account on this machine - by restoring from a TimeMachine backup - it somehow gave me a short name with a space in it.  No idea how, but it hasn't caused me any problems in 4 years - except with Lightroom!  Lr sets the ownership on all its folders to the first word of my short user name, which is not me as far as the system is concerned so I don't get RW access.

The solution in this case was to make myself the owner of, and give myself RW access to, the folder ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/ and everything in it.

I guess Lr does not expect a short name with a space in it, which should be a reasonable assumption given that I don't think you can create them in the OS X gui, and fails to deal with it when it finds one by only parsing the first word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice bit of detective work!  Thanks for posting back the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2023 Dec 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have the ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/  on my mac. I do have a folder called Adobe Lightroom Classic NGL. Gave myself access to that folder and I still have the issue. I gave myself access to the entire Adobe directory and still does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2023 Dec 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@David McCarter  You’ve posted to an old thread. It is possible that the issue described in this thread is not the same one you are currently experiencing. Rather than reply to a thread that is seemingly similar, you are better off posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information, including system information (Menu: Help > System Info...), and a complete description of the problem, with step-by-step instructions of your workflow.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks eggzentrick - it worked! you should send this to Adobe. They had no clue! You are now in my will !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha!  I'd better send you my address then.    Glad it solved your problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2012 Jun 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. Is it possible to get the full path to that folder. I'm on win XP and for the life of me I cannot find it. I appreciate your posting your solution to this frustrating challenge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2012 Jun 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be more than happy to share it with you but I actually have no idea where this folder would be under XP, as I have no experience of Lr in Windows.  Hopefully somebody else will be able to provide this information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2012 Jun 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The equivalent folder on XP is C: \ Documents and Settings \ [your username] \ Application Data \ Adobe \ Lightroom \

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2012 Dec 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

one way to change ownership is to fire up a Terminal and do this:

sudo chown -R your_username:staff ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 25, 2012 Jul 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too had this every time I started lightroom:

"An internal error has occurred: assertion failed!"

As soon as I diabled the only plugin I had installed, it stopped happening.

I couldn't  find the folder on my MAC :"~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/ "

There is no adobe folder? *ugh* I found the Application Support folder......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines