• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Assigning Advanced Action on Slide Entry

Jul 24, 2012 Jul 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

Is there anyway to assign/execute an advanced action upon a slide entry, without having to click a click box or other similar action?

I created a practice exercise, in which the user performs several steps in a software app. Each step is worth an amount of points, 4 if done without a hint or help, 2 is only hint or help is used, and 0 points if the user uses both hint and help.   There is a summary page that tells the user their score, and I want to use different feedback, depending on the score. 

After the last step performed by the user, the summary page displays, but I want the score and corresponding feedback to appear automatically, witout any user interaction.  Can this be done?

Thanks in advance..

Steve

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 24, 2012 Jul 24, 2012

Perhaps my presentation (DevLearn 11) or the webinar (available on Demand) I gave a while ago would be interesting to you? Could give you the links.

There are several kind of events that can trigger advanced actions:

• Slide events for normal slides: both on Enter and on Exit, see the Properties panel, Action accordion. I do not recommend using the On Exit event unless you are sure that the last frame of the slide will indeed be visited, which is not the case if you have an interactive object that j

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2012 Jul 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps my presentation (DevLearn 11) or the webinar (available on Demand) I gave a while ago would be interesting to you? Could give you the links.

There are several kind of events that can trigger advanced actions:

• Slide events for normal slides: both on Enter and on Exit, see the Properties panel, Action accordion. I do not recommend using the On Exit event unless you are sure that the last frame of the slide will indeed be visited, which is not the case if you have an interactive object that jumps to somewhere in the project.
  • On Enter event for Question slides; they do not have an On Exit event, because that is replaced by Success/Last attempt events, depending on the correctness of the answer
  • Success/Failure events for interactive objects (Button, Click Box, Text Entry Box)
  • Rollover and On Click event for slidelet

So in your case, create the 'calculation' advanced action on Entering the score page.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 25, 2012 Jul 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri

Your advice was spot on…

I now have exactly the function I need.

Thanks

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your question answered?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2012 Jul 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thread is still marked as unanswered, that is why I asked what you were still expecting from other users?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources