• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am facing activation issues with Lightroom 4

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2012 Jul 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, do you, dear Adobe people really only own ONE working computer? i have a laptop for going out and a MacPro for heavy lifting. please allow me to buy one licence as i'm only using it one at a time...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2012 Jul 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MagooOnSafari1 are you receiving an error message that you have exceeded your activation count?  Which Adobe product are you trying to install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2012 Jul 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lightroom version 3 installed on both my laptop and my big one... this doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2012 Jul 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MagooOnSafari you are welcome to install Lightroom 3 on up to two different computers.  You can find more details in the End User License Agreement at http://www.adobe.com/products/eulas/#desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you but i spent (what is a large amount of) money on lightroom 4, which i've been using on my laptop, so my catalogue is in LR4 now i'm back on my main mac, and i would like to continue working without the frustration. Why can't i do that with lightroom 4? each of my interactions with Adobe, leaves me exasperated. I signed up for the so called 'Creative Cloud' two days ago and still no confirmation. If Adobe wants me to be a fan of it's company it has to give me service that is reasonable. If i sign up for a programme i expect to use it on my computers, if i give them money i expect service and the product for use in the way that people use it. You make it too hard we solve our problems other ways.

help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MagooOnSafari1 I have branched this out to a new discussion.  You are welcome to install Lightroom 4 on up to two computers as well.  Are you receiving an error message which is indicating that you can't?  Also which operating system are you using?

If you are facing difficulty with your Creative Cloud subscription then you will want to contact our support team to work with them directly.  This is simply due to the personal information which will need to be exchanged which would not be appropriate in a public forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lion (mac) but installing Mountain Lion tomorrow on the big computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But are you receiving a message which is leading you to believe you are unable to install Lightroom 4 on two different computers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that is correct.

after i install Mountain Lion on this computer i will go back to the other and try again. I pity anyone using 40mpx up photo files as the 21mpx are slow enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just tried again, on my main computer i just get a big red cross when i paste in the serial from the 'my products' page on the adobe site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2012 Jul 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MagooOnSafari1 to install Lightroom from your Creative Cloud subscription you will want to install it from the Adobe Application Manager.  The Adobe Application Manager, for Creative Cloud, can be located inside your Applications folder.  Please open the Adobe Application Manager and try installing Photoshop Lightroom 4 from there.  It should not be necessary to remove your prior installation of Lightroom 4 prior to installing from the Adobe Application Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dear Jeff

i sent an email off yesterday about the creative cloud, ie i did all the pages and told to wait for the email, which has still not arrived, yes i've checked junk. If this could be sorted asap, as i have to go back to move house and go back to school in a day's time.

cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this explains much of the confusion.  I would recommend you review Education FAQ -http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/education-faq.html.  In particular make sure you have submitted your proof of eligibility.  If you have already accomplished this then you will want to review the section regarding checking the status of your order.

Lightroom is only available to Creative Cloud users who currently have a paid subscription.  Until your eligibility for the education discount to the Creative Cloud has been approved you will not be able to install a fully licensed version of Lightroom from the Creative Cloud. 

You are certainly welcome to utilize the 30 day trial of Lightroom and the Creative Cloud until then unless your trial period has expired as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As there is no difference in price i paid for the general rather then the student creative cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2012 Jul 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MagooOnSafari I would recommend contacting our support team.  For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.  Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to resolve the issue you have described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2012 Aug 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That has been done. He said that Adobe was not in a globalised world. that me having a USA address, being stationed in China, through an Australian university and having an Australian credit card (those banks make profits rather then sending the world in financial chaos) was bewildering to Adobe who lives in a very 19th century world were each country should be treated differently, despite that software coming off the same servers, having the same call centre, and in my case, the same language. So I set up my account with my USA address and used my credit card and Australian university while living in China to buy Lightroom. The transaction went through. This is the email I received.

Dear garrie magurie,

Thank you for your purchase of downloadable Adobe products.

For your records, we have included your serial numbers below.

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 (Mac/Win,English)

1160-4004-XXXX-0643-XXXX-XXXX

Download Instructions:

1. Login into Your Account with the Adobe ID: G@GARRIEMAGUIRE.COM

*  http://www.adobe.com/go/ols_ww_login/

2. In the My Orders page, locate order #AD004985353 with the date April 7, 2012, and expand the order to view the details.

3. Start your download by clicking on the 'Download' button.

4. After you have completed the download process, your serial number will be displayed in the download center.

5. You can log back into 'My Adobe' in the future to re-download your product or retrieve your serial number. Please refer to the download policy for terms and conditions.

http://www.adobe.com/go/ols_en_download_policy

For help with downloading and installing your product, visit the Download and Installation Support center:

* http://www.adobe.com/go/ols_ww_download_instructions

Best Regards,

The Adobe Store Team

Please note:

1. no where does it object to the mixed countries of my transaction.

2. no where does it ask for me to supply my student ID (past the process to buy this software). ie no 14 days to register a student card as stated by service.

• So one, I would like to install this software to fully working on my MacPro, so that i can continue my study, thank so.

• two i would buy an adobe subscription for the USA address on my Australian credit card at the price advertised when i started trying.

• Three Adobe catch up to the globalised world, it is so much hassle to buy your software, it should be a easy, fair and just (like the USA properganda movies say it is, oh China propaganda has nothing on our good old US of A...).

Thank you

garrie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2012 Aug 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh and services suggestion was that i set up an adobe account in the country of my credit cards. Interesting suggestion but i lose all my registrations. Honest you make it so hard to be your customer. so after talking to customer service i just want to walk away from your company and have nothing else to do with it. please help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2012 Aug 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MagooOnSafari1 I reviewed your records but it doesn't appear you have a phone number listed under your accounts.  Can you please private message me with your contact phone number and I will request a member of our support team contact you.

It is possible that you will need to set up an Adobe account which matches the billing address for the credit card you wish to use as payment.  You can certainly discuss this though in more detail with the member of our support team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines